Zoo Year's Eve
Roar in the New Year!
Join the Calgary Zoo for Zoo Year's Eve 2014! A family friendly way to roar in the New Year- little party animals, mom and dad will enjoy the ZOOLIGHTS displays, fireworks show, Kids Zone, and some wild live entertainment. Fire pits and hot chocolate are available to keep everyone warm and toasty. 5…4…3…2…1…happy Zoo Year’s Eve!
The incredible fireworks show presented by GlobalFest starts at 8 p.m. and all ZOOLIGHTS activities including fire pits and Ice Skating presented by Mahogany Lakeside Living (with FREE rentals courtesy of KidsSport Calgary) will be running from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Special cultural entertainment presented by GlobalFest will begin at 6:00 p.m. and run until 9:00 p.m. on the South America Lawn (the ZOOLIGHTS Kids Zone). Here is the detailed entertainment schedule:
6:30 p.m. - Thailand
6:45 p.m. - Pakistan
7 p.m. – Scotland
7:15 p.m. - Thailand
7:30 p.m. - Dances of the Middle East
7:45 p.m. – Brazil
8 - 8:10 p.m. – fireworks (South America is a GREAT fireworks viewing area)
8:15 p.m. - Pakistan
8:30 p.m. - Dances of the Middle East
8:45 p.m. – Brazil
Pop into the ENMAX Conservatory for face painting starting at 6 p.m. The face painting line will be cut off at 8:30 p.m. to accommodate any guests currently in line. Freckle Faces will have a selection of face painting options available for kids of all ages to pick from. While you are waiting for your turn, you can participate in a special Santa’s Oasis presented by Remax craft!
Ring in the New Year with the Calgary Zoo, your family and friends!
Dates: Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Time: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
FIREWORKS START AT 8 p.m.
GATES CLOSE AT 8:30 p.m.
Dress: Dress warmly, with lots of layers and sensible shoes for walking.
Zoo Year’s Eve is a specially ticketed event
Adult = $17 + GST
Children = $13 +GST
Parking is complimentary for this event as of 4:30 p.m.
Tickets must be purchased in advance of arriving at the event.
There are a limited amount and they sell out FAST! So, scoop them up while you can.
Click HERE to purchase your tickets or call 403-232-9300
THINGS TO NOTE:
- There are no animal buildings open during Zoo Year’s Eve. This is for the protection and welfare of the animals. Kitamba Café will be open with hot food service until 8 p.m., snacks and drinks until 9 p.m.
- Food outlets will be serving hot chocolate and cookies from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- We use low impact/low noise fireworks that have been tested for animal safety and welfare.
- For the second year, there will be no fireworks viewing allowed from our main Discovery Bridge. The bridge will be closed from 7:45 p.m. until the fireworks show finishes. Please ensure you are on the island side of the zoo prior to 7:45 p.m.
- Guests can view the fireworks from three great viewing areas. Zoo staff and volunteers will also be stationed at each area with signage to better assist you.
- South America lawn – ZOOLIGHTS Kids Zone
- Kitamba Cafe lawn
- The service road starting at Kitamba Cafe and wrapping around the South America lawn.
- Parking is complimentary but we encourage you to take public transport to reduce wait times upon exit.
‘Like’ the Calgary Zoo’s Facebook page and ‘follow’ us on Twitter as we release more details!
***NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES ALLOWED***
***NO OTHER PASSES OR COUPONS (including ZOOLIGHTS or Zoo Share tickets) ARE ACCEPTED FOR ZOO YEARS EVE***
Thanks to our great community and media partners for supporting Zoo Year’s Eve