Dec 21, 2012
ZOOLIGHTS 2012 is in its 15th year,and is celebrated as the largest seasonal light display in Western Canada.
This year’s highlights:
- Exclusive Santa Vision where kids can talk live with Santa direct from the North Pole and then download the conversation to send to family and friends.Page 2
- Over 1.5 million lights and 200 displays
- Water wonderland Kids Zone – West lawn activity area with games for kids of all ages
- Make your holiday wish, write it on a ribbon and tie it to our Wishing Trees.
- Frozen Memories – ice sculpting demonstrations
- Candy Land - you remember Candy Cane Lane, well now it’s bigger and better with contests and candy! Nestle Turtles given out every Friday night!
- Cooly Canadian – red and white and Canada all over!
- “It’s a Kool Christmas” – go a little nostalgic this year as Zack Hewitt’s (Kool 101.5 Afternoon DJ) animated Zoolights display brings Jingle Bells into a fun dancy light show.
- Crackling fire pits, creamy hot chocolate and old favourites like the Tunnel of Love
- Nightly dinner specials available in Kitamba Café
- Visit Telus Spark during the day and show your receipts at Zoolights to receive $2 off Zoolights admission.
The Calgary Zoo is conscious of energy conservation and in hosting a show such as Zoolights with over 1 million lights, the use of mini-lights, rope lighting and LED (light emitting diodes) will use significantly less energy than standard bulbs in years past. In addition, the Calgary Zoo supplements its power supply by using its own generators to ease demand on the City of Calgary’s power grid.