We’re hooked on a feeling, and it’s all about helping to conserve the planet. Why should you help save the planet, you might ask? Well, because we’re all the people who live in it!
We’re challenging you- yes YOU – to become a Guardian of the Wild this summer and take action in your daily life. Not only do you help continue the conservation conversation, you’re also in the running to win intra-planetary prizes! ✈️
You’re showing up to guard our wilderness this summer, so we’ve made a game to help you train to be even better. You can play Guardians of the Wild using this Action Map! Follow the map using your phone or pick-up a paper copy at the Plan Your Visit station.
What do to?
- Visit as many Action Stations as you can to increase your chances of winning the grand prize trip to China and other galactic-sized prizes.
- You don’t need to visit every Action Station to play, but it will increase your odds of winning because each station has its own unique contest entry code.
- Collect each code and enter them at calgaryzoo.com/WILD
It’s as simple as that!
- Yes, these pledges are tied to simple actions that we can all take in our daily lives to make an impact.
- Each station does have a unique code- don’t enter them online until you have as many as you can. You only have one opportunity to enter this contest, so you’re going to want to hoard your codes.
- Gather a glittery collection of conservation codes? Whether all 10 codes, or as many as you want, go to www.calgaryzoo.com/WILD and enter them for a chance to win galactic-size prizes including a trip for two to China to see giant pandas!
- The program runs from July 4 – September 3 and the winners will be contacted by September 14. A full list of the rules and regulations is listed on the website.
What can you win?
- One grand prize trip for two to China valued at approximately $5000, including a Tour Operator to cover flights, hotels, and a visit to Panda Base at Chengdu and $500 spending money!
- A Trip for four to the Burgess Shale in Field, BC including accommodations in Field, BC and guided hike, valued approximately $750.
- Columbia River Paddle trip for four, plus accommodations in Radium, BC, and a rain barrel, valued at approximately $750.
- Camping gear package, oTENTik stay in Banff, valued at approximately $750.
- Gift certificates for Forest school registration and MEC, valued at approximately $750.
- An Oceanwise Culinary Delight Package including gift certificated to local restaurants and food vendors featuring Oceanwise products, valued at approximately $500.
- A refurbished Macbook Air sourced from GEEP, valued at approximately $500.
- A Pollinator Yard Kit, including seed packages, plant nursery gift certificate, package of local honey and more, valued at approximately $500.
- A Food and Fun Basket, including Rainforest Alliance certified chocolate from Cococo by Bernard Callebaut, Coffee from Kicking Horse, and a lemur puppet, valued at approximately $500.
- Four tickets to Panda Breakfast at the Calgary Zoo, valued at approximately $290.
Who knew that supporting wildlife conservation could be so exciting!? There’s so much to win, and only a few months to do it! That’s your new mission: become a Guardian of the Wild from July 4 – September 3, 2018, and stay a conservation ambassador for life.