The 2020 Calgary Zoo calendar is on sale now through January 31, 2020, while supplies last!
- $14.99 (+ GST) at the Calgary Zoo gift shop
- $19.99 (+ GST) online - this price includes shipping
Not only does it feature the amazing winning photos from our 2020 calendar contest, but it also has national holidays, animal holidays, conservation education AND all our favorite zoo events – so you can be sure you don’t miss out on the fun! As an added bonus, the back cover of the calendar includes exclusive savings for you to enjoy throughout the year!
As Canada’s leading conservation charity, the Calgary Zoo’s mission is to take and inspire action to sustain wildlife and wild places therefore all proceeds from the calendar will go directly to supporting wildlife conservation.
Click on ‘Buy Now’ to order yours today! You can also pick one up in person from our zoo gift shops or at any Calgary Co-op location. Get yours before they are gone!
Thank you for you interest in submitting your photo to the Calgary Zoo 2020 Calendar Contest. All proceeds from this calendar will go directly to supporting wildlife conservation. They will be available for purchase online and at the Calgary Zoo in November.
Thank you to everyone who has submitted photos for this contest. The contest is now closed.
Terms and Conditions
- Unlimited submissions per person.
- Photos cannot be watermarked.
- Animals photographed must be currently in our collection at time of submission.
- If photos include people, faces must not be shown.
By entering this contest:
- You grant the Calgary Zoo perpetual license to use, edit, display, publish, and distribute your photograph in any promotional materials, including print and electronic media.
- You acknowledge your photo submitted was original work created solely by you and you are the sole owner of your photograph.
- Any publication of your photo by the Calgary Zoo will not violate or infringe upon copyright of any other person or entity.
Format for Submission
Photos must be 300+dpi, at least 11x8.5” (landscape), in .jpg or .png format.
*Please note: most phone photos will not meet this resolution requirement*
The contest is now closed. Check again next year!
Tips & Tricks!
- Morning is a great time for action shots! It's not too hot yet and the animals are usually quite active.
- Plan your day around our Daily Programs. Get unique shots of training or feeding!
- Think variety! We care for 100+ species and we would love to see them showcased. Bonus points for photos of species we work with in various Conservation Research projects.
- Photos that include people are welcome for submission, but we ask that no faces be visible.
- We love when you send us your photos - but remember that these must be high resolution and most phone camera photos will not be high quality enough.
- Do your best to capture photos without mesh or bars so we can clearly see the beauty of each species.
- Remember, patience is key!