Seasonal Position, 24-40 hours / week
Start date: March 17, 2018
End date: September 3, 2018
Accountable to the Banquet Manager, the Banquet Captain is primary responsible for the set up, delivery and tear down for both internal and external clients including cash closing procedures in accordance with all standards, policies and procedures.
- To facilitate the delivery of all catered functions and events.
- Manage the expectation of the event convenor from the time they arrive through to the completion of the catered event.
- Handle the food and beverage stock for the delivery of catered functions in accordance with the outlined policies and procedures of the organization.
- Set up furniture, equipment and décor for catered functions as per the detail provided on the event contract.
- Deliver food and beverage according to the standards and policies outlined within the organization.
- Coordinate or direct hourly catering staff for the purpose of delivering catered events following the outlines of Customer Service and Profitability designated by the organization.
- Complete Catering logs in detail related to the catered event and the delivery of that event.
- Provide accurate information regarding consumables at a catered function for the purpose of invoicing, to include bar inventory and reconciliation as well as accurate guest counts for catered functions.
- Assist in ensuring all policies and procedures are followed by catering staff through observing and reporting policy violations immediately to either the Catering Coordinator, Catering Assistant Manager and or the Catering Manager.
- Support the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Complies with the zoo’s health and safety program.
- Follow safe food handling procedures.
- Provide assistance with cash handling and ensure that proper cash handling procedure is followed by employees at catered functions in accordance with the policies and procedures designated by the organization.
- Must complete ProServe Liquor Training
- 2 years of food and beverage experience in a banquet environment.
- 1 – 2 years of supervisory experience in a banquet environment.
- Must be computer literate, with knowledge of Word & Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team.
- Proven time management skills.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service.
- Attention to detail & strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Able to take initiative, is an independent worker and a self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Required to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Heavy lifting, walking and standing for long periods of time required.
- Shift work required.
- May be exposed to hazardous cleaning chemicals and supplies, hot food preparation equipment, smoke, and other hazardous conditions common to commercial food preparation areas.
- Flexibility in schedule, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
What the zoo has to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Discounts on food and gift shop purchases
- A complimentary annual pass
If you are a highly motivated and positive individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a cover letter to Human Resources. Please quote the position title in the subject line.
1300 Zoo Rd NE
Email: [email protected]
NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE. Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.