Banquet Cook - Seasonal
Start date: March 17, 2018 End date: Approximately September 9, 2018
Under the leadership of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, the Banquet Cook is responsible for preparing and delivering food service as per the catering function sheet.
- Create exceptional experience through high quality food and superior customer service.
- Provides professional creative feedback/improvements on menu items.
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Prepare food as directed, following specifications on Event Orders.
- Ensures work area is clean, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration is in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with company health regulations and safety regulations.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Support other positions within the kitchen that is in need of help.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Culinary training strongly preferred.
- Red Seal Training preferred, but not necessary.
- Alberta FoodSafe training mandatory.
- Valid Alberta or out of province vehicle operator’s license.
- One to two years’ experience in a culinary environment. Strong preference given to those with experience in mid to large sized operations.
- Ability to operate golf carts and one tonne panel trucks.
- Ability to read and follow instructions as per catering function sheets.
- Committed to working the entire season with a maximum of one week of vacation from May – August.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week on a regular basis from May – August.
- Able to work in fast pace environment.
- Exposure to hot and cold elements in kitchen.
- Periodical exposure outside the kitchen on zoo grounds.
- Consistent exposure to flora and fauna on zoo grounds.
- Flexible work schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs), walking and standing for long periods of time required.
What the zoo has to offer:
- Discounts on food, beverage and merchandise.
- A complimentary annual pass for you and your immediate family members.
- A fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a cover letter, in confidence to the Human Resources department by February 12, 2018. Please quote the position title in the subject line.
1300 Zoo Rd NE
Email: [email protected]
NO PHONE ENQUIRIES PLEASE. Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.