Concessions Cook - Seasonal
Start Date: March 17, 2018 End Date: Approximately September 9, 2018
Under the leadership of the Concessions Manager and Concessions Supervisor, the Concessions Cook is responsible for preparing and executing menu items as per the needs of the Concessions Department and assisting with the supervision of the kitchen. The successful incumbent will be a mature, responsible individual with previous cooking experience.
- Create exceptional experiences through high quality food and superior customer service.
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding food handling and Health & Safety at all times.
- Maintain and supervise staff to ensure work areas are clean, organized and sanitary in accordance with company and safety regulations; including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, refrigeration, storage areas, guest areas etc. at all times.
- Train and supervise staff on proper food portioning and quality and equipment use.
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service.
- Prepare and cook a variety of food items; breakfast, soup, chili, daily specials, salads, sandwiches, fruit cups, baking, BBQ and Chinese food menus.
- Cover, date, rotate and correctly store all food items and supervise Concessions staff to maintain proper food handling and storage at all times.
- Notify management in advance of shortages, expiries, product issues and assist with vendor ordering, receiving and inventory.
- Minimize, track and manage waste and food costs.
- Lead the open or close of locations, following the checklists provided.
- Maintain a prepared, stocked and organized work area at all times.
- Make sure all product/inventory is received, stored and used appropriately.
- Assist with training and supervising staff in cooking, cleaning, grilling and proper equipment use and maintenance.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Some high school, college or university an asset.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a similar fast paced environment. Strong preference given to those with experience in mid to large sized operations.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Cooking and prep experience required.
- Previous supervisory or shift lead experience an asset.
- Alberta Food Safe training an asset.
- Ability to read and follow instructions, fill out reports.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
What the zoo has to offer:
- $15.50 per hour.
- Discounts on food, beverage and merchandise.
- A complimentary annual pass for you, and a guest pass.
- A fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a cover letter to Human Resources, no later than February 12, 2018. Please quote the position title in the subject line.
1300 Zoo Rd NE
Email: [email protected]
NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE. Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.