Concessions Customer Service Representatives - Seasonal
Start date: March 17, 2018 End date: Approximately September 9, 2018
***Please note that we are currently only hiring for candidates who are able to start March 17, 2018, and who have both weekday and weekend availability. There will be additional postings over the coming months for additional hire dates in April, May and June.***
The Customer Service Representative will work in the Kitamba café (cafeteria style restaurant) rotating between food preparation, food service, clean-up and cash. The position also consists of operating various concession outlets and food carts throughout the zoo.
- Food preparation for the day ensuring proper rotation and food quality.
- Cook food on demand (hotdogs, hamburgers, French fries, daily specials etc.)
- Operate and clean food equipment according to management standards.
- Operate the cash registers and balance cash (cash handling & opening/closing).
- Clean all restaurant areas (tables, equipment, floors, windows, ledges, fill up condiments, etc.)
- Operate concession outlets & carts independently on zoo grounds according to standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service and service recovery to guests at all times.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures.
- Follow all zoo policies and procedures.
- Contributes to a positive team environment.
- Follow health & safety guidelines including safe food handling procedures.
- Must be able to work weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Committed to working entire season, with a minimum shfit requirement of 2 shifts per week in the summer high season (July - August) and a maximum of 1 week of vacation.
- Responsible, productive, punctual and reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised & work outdoors.
- Positive attitude.
- Standing during entire shift and ability to work outside.
- Working in warm temperatures (outside and in warm kitchen environments).
What the zoo has to offer:
- FREE zoo pass.
- Discounts on food, beverage and merchandise.
- Fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a cover letter, in confidence to the Human Resources department, no later than February 11, 2018. Please quote the position title in the subject line.
1300 Zoo Rd NE
Email: [email protected]
PLEASE, NO PHONE INQUIRIES. Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.