Prep Cook - Seasonal
Start Date: March 17, 2018 End Date: Approximately September 9, 2018
The Prep Cook will work in the main Catering prep kitchen to prepare large scale orders of food items for the zoo's concession outlets. The Prep Cook will primarily be responsible for the preparation of sandwiches, fruit cups, vegetable cups, and soups in large scale quanities. There will also be other preparation and cleaning duties, as assigned.
- Create exceptional experience through high level of cleanliness and sanitary conditions.
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Prepare food as directed under the supervision of a Banquet Cook, following specifications on Event Orders.
- Ensures all work areas are clean, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration is in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with company health regulations and safety regulations.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas including waste & recycling disposal.
- Supports other positions within the kitchen that are in need of help.
- Complies with the zoo’s health and safety program.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Some culinary training is ideal, but not required.
- Alberta Food Safe training is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a culinary environment. Strong preference given to those with experience in mid to large sized operations.
- Able to work in fast pace environment.
- Exposure to hot & cold elements in kitchen.
- Periodical exposure outside the kitchen on zoo grounds.
- Consistent exposure to flora and fauna on zoo grounds.
- Flexible work schedule including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs), walking and standing for long periods of time required.
What the zoo has to offer:
- Discounts on food, beverage and merchandise.
- A complimentary annual pass for you and your immediate family members.
- A fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a cover letter, to Human Resources no later than February 12, 2018. Please quote the position title in the subject line.
1300 Zoo Rd NE
Email: [email protected]
PLEASE, NO PHONE INQUIRIES. Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.