Retail Customer Service Representatives - Seasonal
Start date: March 17, 2018 End date: Approximately September 9, 2018
Accountable to the Retail Operations Manager, the Retail Customer Service Representative is responsible for performing all the daily activities in the Calgary Zoo gift shops including: processing sales and cash handling, assisting customers with their purchases, suggestive selling where appropriate, wagon handling, cleaning and stocking shelves, as well as operating the Mini Express Train and Carousel.
- Customer Service
- Deliver Service Excellence by ensuring that each and every one of our guests receives a standard level of service.
- Follow the cash handling procedures set out by the Calgary Zoo.
- Ensure that any zoo information being provided to customers is timely and accurate.
- Store Maintenance and Merchandising
- Assist with the re-stocking function by creating re-stock lists, unpacking orders and stocking shelves.
- Ensure that the stores are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that each store is properly equipped with the necessary cleaning supplies and that the equipment is kept in good working order at all times.
- Rental Booth (wagons and power chairs)
- Instruct visitors on proper use of power chair.
- Capable of lifting 40+lbs; stacking wagons three high.
- Ensure cleanliness of wagons and power chairs before and after use.
- Use appropriate cleaning supplies to maintain rental fleet daily: hose, power washer, soap and bucket, etc.
- With an emphasis on safety, providing visitors with fun and interactive rides on the Wildlife Carousel and Mini Express Train.
- Mascot Performing
- Safely entertain and interact with guests while wearing a zoo mascot costume and/or acting as mascot attendant.
- Ensure the well-being of oneself and others by following all Health and Safety policies.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of mascot costume(s) by properly cleaning and storing.
- Capable of wearing mascot costume for 20-30 minutes at a time.
- Must be able to work weekday, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Committed to working the entire season, with a maximum of 1 week of vacation in high season (May - August).
- Must be available to work a minimum of four shifts per week on a regular basis during high season (May - August).
- Must have a minimum of two years retail or customer service experience involving cash handling.
- Mature and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Outgoing and comfortable talking to the public.
- Standing during entire shift, ability to work outside in all weather conditions, able to do heavy lifting (able to lift and/or support up to 40lbs) and climb ladders.
What the zoo has to offer:
- FREE zoo pass.
- Discounts on food, beverage and merchandise.
- A fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a cover letter, in confidence to the Human Resources department, no later than February 18, 2018. Please quote the position title in the subject line.
The Calgary Zoological Society
1300 Zoo Road NE
Fax: (403) 695-3807
Email: [email protected]
PLEASE, NO PHONE INQUIRIES.
Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.