Server - Seasonal
Start date: March 17, 2018 End date: Approximately September 9, 2018
***Please note that we are currently only hiring for candidates who are able to start March 17, 2018. There will be additional postings over the coming months for an additional hire dates in April.***
Accountable to the Catering Manager, the Server is primarily responsible for the successful delivery of food & beverage to guests within a full service catering department and the zoo’s onsite restaurant..
- Set up, delivery and tear down of all catered events/functions.
- Deliver food and beverage according to the standards and policies outlined within the organization.
- Set up furniture, equipment and décor for catered functions as directed by the Banquet Captain.
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests.
- Answer questions about menu items and making recommendations upon request.
- Inform customers of daily/weekly specials.
- Take customers food and beverage orders and enters into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Check customer’s identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to customers.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Prepare bills that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Fill salt & pepper shakers, sugar & cream, condiment and napkin containers.
- Set up server stations and dining areas to prepare for the next shift.
- Perform closing cleaning duties such as tidying up server station.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies, procedures, and departmental standards.
- Support the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Complies with the zoo’s health and safety program.
- Follow safe food handling procedures.
- ProServe Liquor License is mandatory.
- Some serving experience in a banquet environment is a strong asset.
- Must have a great attitude and provide excellent customer service.
- Complete tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Must take initiative.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Independent worker.
- A commitment to serving guests promptly and courteously.
- Required to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Labour intensive.
- Heavy lifting, walking and standing for long periods of time required.
- Shift work required, including late evenings, early mornings, holidays and weekends.
- May be exposed to hazardous cleaning chemicals and supplies, hot food preparation equipment, smoke, and other hazardous conditions common to commercial food preparation areas.
What the zoo has to offer:
- $13.60/hour plus gratuities.
- Discounts on food, beverage and merchandise.
- A complimentary annual pass for you, and a guest pass.
- A fun work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals!
If you are a highly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a cover letter, in confidence to the Human Resources department by February 12, 2018. Please quote the position title in the subject line.
1300 Zoo Rd NE
Email: [email protected]
PLEASE, NO PHONE INQUIRIES. Applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.