How It Works
Step 1: Tell us your child’s age
We have three exciting party themes that are customized to entertain each age group!
- Kids turning 3–5: All About Zoo Babies (requires minimum 1 adult for every 2 children)
- Kids turning 6–8: Superheroes of the Animal Kingdom (requires minimum 1 adult for every 4 children)
- Kids turning 9+: Zookeeper Quest (requires minimum 1 adult for every 4 children)
Step 2: Choose your party activities
Each birthday party is 1.5 hours and includes your own private room, three party activities and a dedicated education staff member to host. You’ll start with a super-fun animal learning activity and then the next two activities are up to you!
Choose two of the following activities (each activity is a half hour):
- Animal Visit: A zookeeper will bring two small animals into the party room for the kids to get an up-close look. Animals include reptiles, amphibians, small mammals, birds and large insects! Note: Additional $75 fee applies for this option and it is only available for bookings in the Eco-Lab room.
- Cake & presents with your group
- Food: kid-friendly options available
Want more time to party?
You can add a bonus activity + half hour to your party for just $75! (Note: Only available with the 1:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. time slot.)
*Your birthday package also includes free zoo admission! You and your guests may enter before and/or after the party to enjoy the zoo.
Step 3: Get ready to party!
Leave the rest to us and we’ll make your child’s birthday party one that won’t be forgotten!
Saturdays and Sundays, year-round. Choose from 9 a.m.–10:30 a.m., 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m. or 1:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. (if you want an extra half hour) time slots.
Located in one of three private rooms (Eco-Lab, Little Dipper Classroom or Prehistoric Park Classroom) near the North Entrance for your convenience.
- $325 for 1.5-hour base package (10% discount for Engage and Inspire members)
- $75 for extra half hour (only available with the 1:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. time slot)
- $75 for an Animal Visit (only available in the Eco-Lab)
- Catering prices listed on catering menu below
- $15 Calgary Zoo gift bags
Meal Choices (includes juice box, veggies & dip, gummies and toy):
- Jumbo all-beef hot dog meal box – $9.00
- Plant eater kids meal box – $9.00 (veggie wrap)
- Meat eater kids meal box – $9.00 (ham and swiss wrap)
- Fruit cup – $5.00
- Veggie cup – $5.00
- Assorted chips – $2.00
- Baking platter (serves 10) – $35.00 (includes assorted muffins, banana bread and our signature cinnamon sugar mini donuts)
- Bottled water – $3.50
- Oasis juice box – $1.75 (apple or wild berry)
- Starbucks coffee cambro (10 cups) – $28.00
Note: If you order more than $35 worth of food, you must select the dedicated food time as one of your activities. If you order $35 or less, you may enjoy your food as snacks throughout the party without a dedicated food time.
Ready to book your party?
Bookings need to be made at least three weeks in advance. You can download the birthday party booking form here. Please email [email protected] or call 403-232-9353 or 403-232-7732 for more information.
All tickets purchased are non-refundable and non-transferable to another event or future program date. Unauthorized duplication or sale is prohibited. The Calgary Zoo is not responsible for unauthorized duplication or lost tickets.