Love is in the Air!
The Calgary Zoo is thrilled to present the 28th annual In the Heat of the Night (Adults only 18+)!
This unforgettable zoo-nique experience is the perfect way for you and your special someone to enjoy a date night out. Start the evening with a romantic four-course dinner made with love by our award-winning culinary team as we turn up the heat up with a cheeky "adults-only" presentation (with pictures) about how animals show their love in the wild. Reserve your table today!
WHEN: February 13, 2022 or February 14, 2022
WHERE: ENMAX Conservatory
SEATING AREA: Choose from 3 seating areas within the ENMAX Conservatory: the Nutrien Garden of Life, Garden Gallery, or Orchid Garden.
TIME: 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m. – Guests may begin arriving and proceed to ENMAX for seating. Cash bar opens.
- 6 p.m. – Official start of the event
- 6:30 p.m. sharp – Dinner service begins. Table service
- 8:00 p.m. - Guests move into the theatre for the evening presentation (ie. the naughty talk)
- 10:00 p.m. – Evening concludes
TICKET PRICE*: All attendees must be 18 years or older.
- $115.00 plus GST/person
* Ticket includes: four-course plated dinner (see the full menu below) and an unforgettable & playful exchange about romance in the wild! Parking not included. **Engage and Inspire Members enjoy a 10% discount. Please see the additional booking information below for details on your member discount.
TICKETS ARE NOT SOLD ONSITE AND MUST BE PURCHASED ONLINE IN ADVANCE.
Additional Booking Information:
- This is an 'adults only' (18+) experience. Guests arriving for this experience with children/infants will not be admitted. No refunds will be provided.
- Entry requirements: All enhanced public safety measures required for daily admission to the zoo grounds continue to apply during after hours events. Please see Enhanced Public Safety Measures FAQ for additional information to ensure you meet the entry requirements before purchasing tickets.
- Masks are required indoors. Mask wear is required for all visitors (aged 2+) inside all zoo buildings (including animal habitats, indoor dining, washrooms, and retail shops) in accordance with the provincial and AHS guidelines. Masks can be removed when seated at a table eating and drinking.
- Tables are for 2. A maximum of 2 tables can be pushed together in the Nutrien Garden of Life or Garden Gallery sections if they are beside each other on the seating map. A maximum of 3 tables can be pushed together in the Orchid Garden section. Must be requested in advance in the notes section when you complete your ticket purchase.
- The 3rd Course will be 'Beef Striploin' unless the 'Vegetarian' option is requested. Must be requested in advance in the notes section when you complete your ticket purchase.
- MEMBERS receive a 10% discount (Engage & Inspire only). Members can access their discount by logging into your membership account. If you are unsure of your membership login DO NOT create your own login, please email [email protected] for assistance.
Special Experiences like these are crucial to our financial success. If you enjoy this event, please share your experiences on social media using #calgaryzooalltheway; referrals are warmly welcomed!
Tuna/Rhubarb Ponzu/avocado cream/taro crisp DF can be GF
Roasted cauliflower/seared scallop/leek ash GF
Whole roasted Beef Striploin
Smoked Potato croquet/ Charred bitter greens/Demi-glace GF
Vegetarian (must be pre-ordered)
Smoked Potato croquet/ Charred bitter greens
Red Berry Galette
Raspberry + Strawberry/vanilla diplomat cream/Sweet dough V
Learn More About In the Heat of the Night
Is In the Heat of the Night a plated meal or buffet style?
In the Heat of the Night is a chef inspired four-course plated dinner. Dinner service will begin at 6:30pm. A walk up cash bar will be available for all drink orders.
Are masks required?
Face coverings are strongly recommended everywhere at the zoo, and are mandatory for everyone 2 years and older inside all of our buildings, in accordance with City of Calgary Bylaw 26M2020. While you are not required to wear a mask while walking the zoo grounds outdoors, please note that you will be required to wear a mask to enter the ENMAX Conservatory (except while seated at your table enjoying food and beverages), indoor washrooms and Lost & Found services.
Is parking included? Where can I park? What time should I arrive?
PARKING is $12.00 and is not included. Please pay at Park Plus machines in parking lots.
For ease of access to the ENMAX Conservatory, please park in the south parking lot (by security) located at 1300 Zoo Road NE.
Engage and Inspire members park for free until 12 a.m.