If you are a teen who is passionate about the environment, zoology and natural history, take this exciting opportunity to explore animal behavior and wildlife conservation, then see where a career path in one of these fields could lead.
Each day, we’ll take a closer look at a different job and learn what it’s like to be in the areas of zookeeping, animal husbandry, veterinary science, environmental education, conservation and biology all while learning all about our animals here at the zoo.
The most exciting part of the week is sharing all your newfound knowledge with the public as this camp will equip you with the skills to deliver on grounds demonstrations as a zoo ambassador!
For tweens and teens in grade 7, 8 and 9 in the 2017/2018 school year.
- July 23 - 27
- July 30 - August 3
- August 7-10
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
$285 for the regular 5 day weeks
$228 for the shortened weeks of August 7-10
Children with a Calgary Zoo Connect, Engage or Inspire membership receive a 10% discount
Once registration is complete, please click here for important program information.
- Camps run weekly through the summer holidays. The long weekend in August will make the week of August 7-10 a short, 4 day week (it will be at a lower, prorated cost).
- A special Calgary Zoo summer camp hat is included with every registration.
- All camps include the opportunity to meet and/or touch smaller animals.
- All school-age camps include at least one behind-the-scenes, ‘zookeeper experience’.
- Boxed lunches are available if purchased at time of registration.
- A before and after care service is available and can be booked at time of registration.
- Before care from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. at $50 per week
- After care from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. at $50 per week
- We also offer a self sign out option with parental permission.
- Click here for our frequently asked questions.