Join the Zoo Squad this summer and check out all the cool things any budding zoologist would want to know about the wonders of the natural world. Explore the weird world of wildlife and take a closer look at the strange and fascinating adaptations and features animals have to survive, mate and evolve.
Ever wonder about the wild animals we have right here in our backyards? We'll learn how to be good neighbours to wildlife, what the Calgary Zoo is up to in helping save species and how the decisions we make every day affect wildlife near and far. You’re sure to have an action-packed week discovering the natural world through activities, games, crafts, stories, interpretive programs and animal visits.
For children in grade 5 and 6 in the 2017/2018 school year.
Date: Weekly, July 3 – August 24, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
$285 for the regular 5 day weeks
$228 for the shortened weeks of July 3-6 and August 7-10
Children with a Calgary Zoo Connect, Engage or Inspire membership receive a 10% discount
Once registration is complete, please click here for important program information.
- Camps run weekly through the summer holidays. There are two shortened weeks due to long weekends making the weeks of July 4-7 and August 8-11 short, 4 day weeks which will be at a lower, prorated cost.
- A special Calgary Zoo summer camp hat is included with every registration.
- All camps include the opportunity to meet and/or touch smaller animals.
- All school-age camps include at least one behind-the-scenes, ‘zookeeper experience’.
- Boxed lunches are available if purchased at time of registration.
- A before and after care service is available and can be booked at time of registration.
- Before care from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. at $50 per week
- After care from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. at $50 per week
- We also offer a self sign out option with parental permission.
- Click here for our frequently asked questions.