Step into the whimsical world of Wonderland with an evening at our Mad Hatter Garden Party in the zoo’s mesmerizing Dorothy Harvie Gardens. Get ready for a delightful adult-only evening of music, games, fun, food and drinks, all with an Alice in Wonderland twist.
Indulge in creatively curated Wonderland themed food stations and sip on unique concoctions served by local cocktail and drink vendors.
You will feel like you are in Wonderland as you explore our decorated gardens and WildScapes – a larger-than-life topiary takeover coming this June. Plus, quirky games and local musicians playing lively tunes will keep you entertained throughout the night.
So, gather your friends, put on your best Mad Hatter, Alice, or Queen of Hearts inspired attire (encouraged but not required) and join us at the zoo for a playful and fun-filled evening at the Mad Hatter Garden Party. Don't be late for this very important date!
When: Friday, June 16, 2023
Where: Dorothy Harvie Gardens, Asian Lawn & BBQ Tent
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Ticket Price: $109 + GST
*Engage and Inspire members maintain early bird pricing.
*Ticket sales end 48 hours prior to the event.
Legend: GF - Gluten friendly | DF - Dairy friendly | V - Vegetarian | VE - Vegan | OW - Ocean-wise
*Please specify during checkout if you have dietary restrictions.
Alice’s Green Seafood Vessel (OW) (GF) (DF) - Compressed cucumber with baby shrimp, apple & zoo micro greens
Colorful Compressed Watermelon and Cucumber (VE)(V)
The Caterpillar’s Never-Ending French Baguette - Black forest ham, Emmental cheese, zoo greens, roasted yellow peppers, heirloom tomatoes & chipotle mayo
“Lady Ascot” Tea Party Sandwiches (GF)(DF)(V)(VE) - Care Bakery breads, roasted eggplant puree, zucchini ribbons, sundried tomato, hummus, kalamata olives
“White Queen” Magical Mushroom Salad (GF)(DF)(V)(VE) - Arugula, cremini, white, enoki, zoo-grown herb vinaigrette, “psychedelic shaved radish” (watermelon radish)
“The Pigeon” Giant Chicken Slider (Winter’s Turkey) - Mini brioche slider bun, cranberry aioli, chiffonade artisan greens (Turkey Breast Carving Station)
“Two, Five & Seven” Vegan Slider (GF)(DF)(VE)(V) - Mini bun from Care Bakery, grilled vegetables, wilted arugula & tomato sauce
“Tweedledee” Pink Risotto (GF) - Goat Cheese, fresh herbs, candy cane beets
Risotto with Purple Beet Puree & Candy Cane Beets (DF)(VE)(V)
Magical Flambé Potato (GF) - “White Rabbit” Little Potato Company duck fat potato, pancetta, Parmigiano-Reggiano, sour cream & chives
Little Potato Company potato stuffed with vegan cheese zoo greens (DF)(V)(VE)
Desserts by Pastry Chef Janessa:
“Eat Me” - Airbrushed cakes, strawberry shortcake (V)
“Cheshire Cat” cupcakes - Cassis buttercream (V)
Clock Cookies (V)
• Due to the alcohol service at this event - every guest will have their ID checked upon entry/registration. Guests arriving with children or infants will not be admitted and will not be given a refund.
• The event runs from 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. The animal buildings close at 8:00 p.m. so make sure to visit the buildings before the animals settle down for their rest.
• Please note any dietary restrictions at the time of booking. At the event, please mention these at the food stations to receive your modified items where applicable.
• Parking/entry is through the North Gate (210 St Georges Drive NE). Location and directions here. Parking is $13. Engage & Inspire Members park for free.
• This event is entirely accessible – if you need to rent a wheelchair or powerchair – please contact the gift shop at 403-232-9300 ext. 5115 at least 24 hours before the event. These services will not be open during the event without a pre-booking.