Update: COVID-19 - Enhanced Public Health Measures
The Calgary Zoo has implemented the Restrictions Exemption Program. Effective Monday, September 20th, to enter the Calgary Zoo all visitors 12 years of age and older are required to provide proof of one of the following before being permitted entry:
- Government-issued proof of COVID-19 double vaccination (between September 20 – October 25, proof of a single dose will be accepted if given two or more weeks prior to attendance);
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test, taken within the previous 72 hours (either PCR or Rapid Test); or
- Documentation of a medical exemption.
Visitors will also be required to show their government-issued ID. Verification will be done by Guest Relations or Security team members at the gates. This includes visitors, members, donors and attendees at special events, weddings and all corporate events.
The following mandatory restrictions, effective as of September 4th, remain in place:
- Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces. This includes all venues, buildings, classrooms, indoor habitats, washrooms, restaurants, and retail shops at the Calgary Zoo.
- Alcohol services must end by 10:00 p.m. in all licensed establishments and liquor consumption at the event must end at 11:00 p.m.
Please visit Alberta's Public Health Actions for more information.
Make your next family celebration, party or memorial extra special by hosting it at the Calgary Zoo. We have a variety of indoor and outdoor locations to choose from. We do everything to ensure an exceptional experience for you and your guests. And best of all, every event you host at the zoo helps support animal conservation. It's a win-win for everyone!
We host a range of special occasions for our clients, such as but not limited to: