Update: COVID-19 - Enhanced Public Health Measures
The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo has implemented the Restrictions Exemption Program.
Effective November 15, 2021, the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo will require all visitors 12 years of age and older to provide proof of one of the following before being permitted entry:
- Alberta government-issued QR code (either paper or digital) proving COVID-19 double vaccination (with the second dose received two (2) weeks or more prior to date of attendance);
- Valid identification that matches the vaccine record is required for adults 18 years and over.
- First Nation, out-of-province and Canadian Armed Forces vaccine records are accepted proofs of vaccination, as is the ArriveCan app and valid international travel identity document.
- Proof of a privately-paid negative rapid test result taken within 72 hours of service; or
- Valid proof of medical exemption.
Those who are unable to show proof of one of the items listed above will be denied entry. This applies to all visitors aged 12 years and older.
Verification will be done by Guest Relations or Security team members at the gates. This includes visitors, members, donors and attendees at special events, weddings and all corporate events.
A friendly reminder that mask wear is required for ages 2+ inside all animal buildings, washrooms, retail and food spaces.
Please visit Alberta's Public Health Actions for more information.
Make your next family celebration, party or memorial extra special by hosting it at the Calgary Zoo. We have a variety of indoor and outdoor locations to choose from. We do everything to ensure an exceptional experience for you and your guests. And best of all, every event you host at the zoo helps support animal conservation. It's a win-win for everyone!
We host a range of special occasions for our clients, such as but not limited to: