ZooBOO and Halloween Brunch are back!
ZooBOO presented by Servus Credit Union
Grab your kiddos, and head to the zoo for a day of spOOky Fall fun!
ZooBOO is a chance for your kids to dress up early, trick-or-treat at the zoo, and enjoy seeing their favorite animals. The best part? Your kiddo gets to have fun while supporting an important cause - wildlife conservation! This year, we're spreading the fun over 3 days to ensure this is a safe and physically distanced experience for our visitors to enjoy. So choose the day that works best for you and head down to the zoo!
DATE(S): October 30, October 31, and November 1, 2020
TIME: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. daily (Please note 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. is member only hour)
- Treat stations* - while exploring the zoo ground, youngsters will be delighted to find treat stations throughout the zoo where our Zoo Staff will be ready to hand out some treats! *Please note that while we encourage everyone to dress up, treat stations are for kids 12 and under only. Be sure to check out the ZooBOO Map below for treat station locations!
- Photo contest - take a photo of your kiddo at the zoo in their costume during ZooBOO and post it online using the hashtag #YYCZooBOO2020 to be entered to win 4 tickets to ZOOLIGHTS
- And More!
All activities taking place for ZooBOO are included with Daily Admission or Memberships. Timed tickets are required as we continue to operate with daily on-grounds attendance capacity limits. We can't wait to see you there!
We encourage you and your kiddos to dress up and have fun, however the following adult costumes are not permitted to be worn on zoo grounds: full body animal costumes, mascot helmets, inflatable outfits, costumes that would be inappropriate for a family environment, or any realistic costume that could cause a security or animal welfare concern. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your cooperation in advance!
Plan your visit with our ZooBOO Map
Halloween Brunch - Sold Out!
There's no tricks, just treats at our Halloween Brunch!
Join us for a spOOky (not scary!) brunch experience in the heart of Destination Africa before heading out to enjoy the zoo (and ZooBOO!). Our Specialty Brunch Menu features spoOoOoky food, including Halloween themed breakfast and desserts! It's an excellent way to celebrate the spOOky season while supporting the Calgary Zoo’s wildlife conservation initiatives. Due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions, tickets are limited!
WHEN: October 31 (Sold out!) and November 1, 2020 (Sold out!)
WHERE: Safari Lodge
SCHEDULE: There are 2 seating options with staggered seating times to support physical distancing upon entry into Safari Lodge:
- First Seating: 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - seating times* 9:00 a.m., 9:15 a.m. or 9:30 a.m.
- Second Seating: 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - seating times* 11:30 a.m., 11:45 a.m., or 12:00 p.m.
*Please note the 'seating times' listed above and as indicated on your ticket(s), refer to your expected arrival time at the Safari Lodge for brunch. Please plan to enter the zoo grounds at least 15 mins prior to your 'seating time' in order to allow sufficient time to walk to Safari Lodge.
Download a PDF of our menu here.
We'll also be handing out Halloween cookies and candies as an added treat for the kids!
|Patron Age||Admission + Brunch||
Member Only Pricing
(Free admission + 10% off 'Brunch only' price)
*Members: please see the additional booking information below.
Our Halloween Brunch has sold out!
If you've already purchased tickets, we look forward to seeing you soon for a SpOOktacular feast at the Calgary Zoo!
All Halloween Brunch attendees will be entered to win a SpOOktacular Halloween themed gift basket including an awesome Halloween themed cake and 2 bottles of the Calgary Zoo's private label wines (Calgary Zoo Cabernet Sauvignon & Calgary Zoo Sauvignon Blanc) by Willow Park Wines & Spirits, sustainably produced from the incredible vineyards of Argentina!
The gift basked will be on display during brunch. The winning name will be drawn after brunch closes on November 1, 2020. The winner will be notified directly on November 2, 2020. Good luck all!
Additional Booking Information
LIMITED CAPACITY SEATING. Each table can hold a maximum of 6 people (including any children under 3). If you have a larger cohort, they will need to sit at a different table. AHS Covid guidelines do not allow tables larger than 6 people.
EACH TABLE will be a minimum of 2 meters apart due to AHS COVID-19 guidelines.In accordance with the Calgary City by-law, guests will be required to wear masks indoors except when seated at their table eating and drinking.
MEMBER ONLY PRICING applies to Connect, Engage and Inspire Members only. If members purchase more tickets than they have memberships, the discount will be applied to the same number of tickets (regardless of ticket type). Please note the discount will be applied to the least expensive ticket in the basket. Members can access their discount by logging into your membership account. If you are unsure of your membership login DO NOT create your own login, please email [email protected] for assistance.
Is the Halloween Brunch a plated meal or buffet style?
The Halloween Brunch is buffet style. In accordance with Provincial COVID Guidelines for food and beverage service, our talented team of chefs and servers will be on hand to serve our guests.
What guidelines do you have in place to ensure a safe COVID-friendly brunch at the Calgary Zoo?
The Calgary Zoo is committed to staying aligned with Alberta Health Services’ directives to ensure zoo visits and activities are safe and fun for all:
- In accordance with Provincial COVID Guidelines for food and beverage service, our talented team of chefs and servers will be on hand to serve our guests.
- Guests will only be seated with the cohort they booked with.
- Tables will be appropriately spaced 6 ft. apart.
- Physical distancing will be supported with tables safely spaced 6 ft. apart and staggered arrival/seating times will help minimize the number of people in the buffet line.
- The Safari lodge will be closed for one hour between the first and second brunch seating to allow for cleaning and sanitizing of the space. Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content will be available for guests to use.
- Face coverings are recommended for ages 2+ and are required inside Calgary Zoo buildings from August 1, in accordance with City of Calgary Bylaw 26M2020. You will be required to wear a mask to enter Safari Lodge and while you are inside at the buffet line. Masks can be removed when seated at your table eating and drinking.
- All Albertans must follow CMOH Order 05-2020 which establishes legal requirements for quarantine and isolation. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19; with a history of international travel in the last 14 days; or with close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days must remain at home. To support public health contact tracing efforts in the event that a guest tests positive, we ask you to collect the names and contact information of your guests that will be attending the Event (E.g. email address for each household). Providing information is voluntary for guests, but should a potential exposure occur onsite, Alberta Health Services will use this information to assist in a rapid response. They are advising that records should be kept for 2 weeks.
Are masks required?
Face coverings are recommended for ages 2+ and are required inside Calgary Zoo buildings from August 1, in accordance with City of Calgary Bylaw 26M2020. While you are not required to wear a mask while walking the zoo grounds outdoors, please note that you will be required to wear a mask to enter: Penguin Plunge, Cequel Energy Lodge, Savannah building, Rainforest building, ENMAX Conservatory, Kitamba (except while enjoying food and beverages at our indoor tables!), Gift Shop locations, indoor washrooms and Lost & Found services. In addition, you will be required to wear a mask to enter Safari Lodge except when seated at your table eating and drinking.
What if it rains?
Dress for the weather! While the Halloween Brunch itself takes place indoors, the majority of our ZooBOO activities take place outside. These special experiences will take place rain or shine and tickets are non-refundable.
Is parking included?
PARKING is $12.00 and is not included. Engage and Inspire members receive free parking.
Please park and enter the zoo through our North parking lot and entrance.
For ZOOBOO, please be sure to arrive and enter during your timed ticket entry time ONLY.
For Halloween Brunch, please be sure to arrive 15 mins prior to your seating time in order to allow yourself sufficient time to walk to Safari Lodge.
What else do I need to know?
As we warmly welcome you back to the zoo, we're delighted to offer a a safety-minded world wildlife experience! Be sure to follow the important Health & Safety information below, all signage and the pink paw prints! We ask all visitors to practice safe physically distancing, to wash your paws often, and to only congregate in your personal cohort group.
Our Zoo Crew will be sanitizing high touch surfaces throughout the day.
Face coverings are recommended for ages 2+ and are required inside Calgary Zoo buildings from August 1, in accordance with City of Calgary Bylaw 26M2020. Face coverings are not required to be worn in outdoor spaces. Calgary Zoo staff and volunteers will be wearing masks at all times.
This activity is entirely accessible – if you need to rent a wheelchair or powerchair – please contact Guest Relations at 403-232-9300 at least 24 hours beforehand.
We will not be accepting cash on premises.
Special Experiences like these are crucial to our financial success. If you enjoy the Calgary Zoo's ZooBOO and/or Halloween Brunch, please share your experiences on social media using #followusatthezoo; referrals are warmly welcomed!
Important Health and Safety Information
You are not to enter the Calgary Zoo if:
You are ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID -19. These include:
Shortness of breath
And/or others listed on Alberta Health Services website
You have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19.
You or someone in your household has traveled internationally in the past 14 days.
You will be asked to follow all Alberta Health Services Guidelines on Calgary Zoo grounds:
Practice physical distancing: keep 3 meters between your household and others.
Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds.
Face coverings are recommended for ages 2+ and are required inside Calgary Zoo buildings from August 1, in accordance with City of Calgary Bylaw 26M2020. Be sure to bring yours with you when you visit, and put them on and remove them safely. Expect to require one to enter: Penguin Plunge, Cequel Energy Lodge, Savannah building, Rainforest building, ENMAX Conservatory, Kitamba (except while enjoying food and beverages at our indoor tables!), Gift Shop locations, indoor washrooms and Lost & Found services. A limited supply will be available at our North Gift Shop while quantities last!