Join us for a Wild SUMMER AT ZooNights!
Come enjoy a summer evening at the wildest place in the city - the Calgary Zoo!
We're keeping the zoo open late throughout the summer so you can enjoy your favourite animals and the beautiful Calgary Zoo grounds a little longer. Be sure to grab a delicious bento box and a cold adult bevy* as well! Whether you make it a date night or you bring the whole family, there's something for everyone to enjoy. Don't forget, you'll be directly supporting the Calgary Zoo’s wildlife conservation initiatives through your admission so it's a win-win! *Must be legal drinking age - everyone will be ID'd.
Here's what to expect during ZooNights:
- Friday, July 30, 2021
- Saturday, July 31, 2021
- Friday, September 3, 2021
- Saturday, September 4, 2021
- Extended hours from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Please note that the zoo is open for regular zoo hours on these days as follows: General Admission Hours are 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Extended hours from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Last entry is at 7:00 p.m.
- ZooNights is a regular day at zoo with extended hours - so you can enjoy your favourite animals and the outdoor zoo grounds a little longer. While there is no extra charge for ZooNights (daily admission rates apply), you will find some special entertainment around the park during evening and there will be adult beverages and special concessions items (Bento boxes) available for purchase.
- Be sure to check out our Zoo Market while you're here! New to ZooNights, Zoo Market supports local entrepreneurs, artists and craftspeople. There will be a variety of local homemade, sustainable, recyclable and/or animal and nature themed products available to browse and purchase. So make sure you drop by Kitamba Café and do a little shopping (4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.) during your next visit to ZooNights. Remember, buying local supports local!
- Don't forget to pre-order a delicious "World of Bentos" Box - with flavors from around the world! Adult and kid-friendly options available. Please be sure to order for the date you plan to attend. There will be limited quantities available for purchase onsite during the evening. First come, first served. Debit or credit are the preferred methods of payment, however cash is accepted. Pick up will be from Kitamba Café. Check out the options below.
Check out our "World of Bentos" Box options - with flavours from around the world!
World of Bentos Menu - $15 +GST
TRADITIONAL BENTO BOX
Spring rolls, Edamame salad, Teriyaki chicken thigh, Sushi rice, California roll
TRADITIONAL VEGAN BENTO BOX
Spring rolls, Edamame salad, Teriyaki "Beyond" meat steak, Sushi rice, Cucumber roll
INDIAN BENTO BOX
Butter chicken, Rice, Samosa, Kachumber salad, Papadum
ITALIANO BENTO BOX
Tuscan braised Alberta beef meatballs, Wild mushroom crispy ravioli, Caprese salad, Garlic toast, EV olive oil, Aged balsamic
Kids Take-out Options - $10 +GST
*All Kids Take-out Options are served with carrot, celery sticks and ranch dip
TERIYAKI CHICKEN THIGH
ALBERTA BEEF MEATBALLS
With garlic toast
- Adults (16+) $34.95 +GST
- Seniors $29.95 +GST
- Child (3-15) $24.95 +GST
- Under 3 FREE (Timed ticket not required)
*TICKET INCLUDES: Day admission to Calgary Zoo only; parking not included.
BENTO BOX PRICE:
- World of Bentos Box $15 +GST
- Kids Take-Out Box $10 +GST
PRE-ORDER YOUR BENTO BOX
*Remember to order for the date you plan to attend.
Learn More About ZooNights
What else do I need to know:
As with regular daily admission tickets, ZooNights tickets are non-refundable.
This evening is family-friendly. All ages are welcome!
Once inside the zoo gate, you’re welcome to enjoy the zoo grounds for as long as you like!
Some indoor animal habitats & buildings will remain open until 8:00 p.m. however as this event does occur after regular zoo hours, some animals may not be visible. The buildings which will remain open are the African Savannah, Rainforest, and ENMAX Conservatory. Penguin Plunge and Gateway to Asia will close at their regular time (5:45 p.m.) and Cequel Energy Lodge remains closed for construction. We appreciate your understanding.
Food and beverage services: A limited food selection will available for purchase from Kitamba Café. Kitamba Java offers adult beverages for purchase. The Dairy Bar will be open with its full regular menu available. Pre-ordered Bento Boxes can be picked up from Kitamba Café. Indoor seating is available in Kitamba Café and there's plenty of outdoor picnic seating available throughout the zoo grounds.
This evening is entirely accessible. If you need to rent a wheelchair or powerchair, please visit our North Gift Shop upon arrival.
Debit or credit are the preferred methods of payment, however cash is accepted.
Important Health & Safety Information
SAFETY COMES FIRST!
You and your family's safety is important to us! The Calgary Zoo remains committed to offering a safe place for households to visit. Mask wear is recommended everywhere on park and is mandatory indoors (washrooms included). Physical distancing is EVERYONE’s responsibility. If you don’t keep your distance from other household groups, our staff will ask you to leave the zoo and no refunds will be provided.
You are not to enter the Calgary Zoo if:
You are ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID -19. These include:
Shortness of breath
And/or others listed on Alberta Health Services website
You have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19.
You or someone in your household has traveled internationally in the past 14 days.