Update: Our Festive Brunches have been cancelled.
In response to the new provincial restrictions announced on November 24, 2020, we have cancelled our Festive Brunches in order to ensure compliance with the new public health directives.
Our guest relations team is in the process of reaching out to everyone who has purchased tickets to provide a refund. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your continued support of the Calgary Zoo.
Stay safe! - The Calgary Zoo Team
Start the holiday season off right with our Festive Brunch!
Join us for a festive brunch experience in the heart of Destination Africa before heading out to enjoy a beautiful winter stroll around the zoo. Our Specialty Brunch Menu features traditional breakfast items, cozy comfort foods, and festive desserts! It's the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit while supporting wildlife conservation. Due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions, tickets are limited!
- November 22
- November 29
- December 6
- December 13
- December 20
WHERE: Safari Lodge
SCHEDULE: There are 2 seating options with staggered seating times to support physical distancing upon entry into Safari Lodge:
- First Seating: 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - seating times* 9:00 a.m., 9:15 a.m. or 9:30 a.m.
- Second Seating: 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - seating times* 11:30 a.m., 11:45 a.m., or 12:00 p.m.
*Please note the 'seating times' listed above and as indicated on your ticket(s), refer to your expected arrival time at the Safari Lodge for brunch. Please plan to enter the zoo grounds at least 15 mins prior to your 'seating time' in order to allow sufficient time to walk to Safari Lodge.
|Patron Age||Admission + Brunch||
Member Only Pricing
(Free admission + 20% off)
*Members: please see the additional booking information below.
Please note there are no walk-ins available. Tickets are not sold onsite and must be purchased online in advance.
Additional Booking Information
Please note the following important booking information
LIMITED CAPACITY SEATING. Each table can hold a maximum of 6 people (including any children under 3). If you have a larger cohort, they will need to sit at a different table. AHS Covid guidelines do not allow tables larger than 6 people.
EACH TABLE will be a minimum of 2 meters apart due to AHS COVID-19 guidelines.In accordance with the Calgary City by-law, guests will be required to wear masks indoors except when seated at their table eating and drinking.
MEMBER ONLY PRICING applies to Connect, Engage and Inspire Members only. If members purchase more tickets than they have memberships, the discount will be applied to the same number of tickets (regardless of ticket type). Please note the discount will be applied to the least expensive ticket in the basket. Members can access their discount by logging into your membership account. If you are unsure of your membership login DO NOT create your own login, please email [email protected] for assistance.
Is the Festive Brunch a plated meal or buffet style?
The Festive Brunch is buffet style. In accordance with Provincial COVID Guidelines for food and beverage service, our talented team of chefs and servers will be on hand to serve our guests.
What guidelines do you have in place to ensure a safe COVID-friendly brunch at the Calgary Zoo?
The Calgary Zoo is committed to staying aligned with Alberta Health Services’ directives to ensure zoo visits and activities are safe and fun for all:
- In accordance with Provincial COVID Guidelines for food and beverage service, our talented team of chefs and servers will be on hand to serve our guests.
- Guests will only be seated with the cohort they booked with.
- Tables will be appropriately spaced 6 ft. apart.
- Physical distancing will be supported with tables safely spaced 6 ft. apart and staggered arrival/seating times will help minimize the number of people in the buffet line.
- The Safari lodge will be closed for one hour between the first and second brunch seating to allow for cleaning and sanitizing of the space. Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content will be available for guests to use.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended everywhere at the zoo, but mandatory for everyone 2 years and older inside all of our buildings, in accordance with City of Calgary Bylaw 26M2020. You will be required to wear a mask to enter Safari Lodge and while you are inside at the buffet line. Masks can be removed when seated at your table eating and drinking.
- All Albertans must follow CMOH Order 05-2020 which establishes legal requirements for quarantine and isolation. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19; with a history of international travel in the last 14 days; or with close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days must remain at home. To support public health contact tracing efforts in the event that a guest tests positive, we ask you to collect the names and contact information of your guests that will be attending the Event (E.g. email address for each household). Providing information is voluntary for guests, but should a potential exposure occur onsite, Alberta Health Services will use this information to assist in a rapid response. They are advising that records should be kept for 2 weeks.
Are masks required?
Face coverings are strongly recommended everywhere at the zoo, but mandatory for everyone 2 years and older inside all of our buildings, in accordance with City of Calgary Bylaw 26M2020. While you are not required to wear a mask while walking the zoo grounds outdoors, please note that you will be required to wear a mask to enter: Penguin Plunge, Cequel Energy Lodge, Savannah building, Rainforest building, ENMAX Conservatory, Kitamba (except while enjoying food and beverages at our indoor tables!), Gift Shop locations, indoor washrooms and Lost & Found services. In addition, you will be required to wear a mask to enter Safari Lodge except when seated at your table eating and drinking.
What if it rains or snows?
Dress for the weather! While the Festive Brunch itself takes place indoors, you may wish to enjoy a beautiful stroll around the zoo after you eat. Our Festive Brunch will take place rain, snow or shine and tickets are non-refundable.
Is parking included? What time should I arrive?
PARKING is $12.00 and is not included. Engage and Inspire members receive free parking.
Please park and enter the zoo through our North parking lot and entrance.
For Festive Brunch, please be sure to arrive 15 mins prior to your seating time in order to allow yourself sufficient time to walk to Safari Lodge.
What else do I need to know?
As we warmly welcome you back to the zoo, we're delighted to offer a a safety-minded world wildlife experience! Be sure to follow the important Health & Safety information below, all signage and the pink paw prints (while indoors)! We ask all visitors to practice safe physically distancing, to wash your paws often, and to only congregate in your personal cohort group.
Our Zoo Crew will be sanitizing high touch surfaces throughout the day.
Face coverings are strongly recommended everywhere at the zoo, but mandatory for everyone 2 years and older inside all of our buildings, in accordance with City of Calgary Bylaw 26M2020. Face coverings are not required to be worn in outdoor spaces. Calgary Zoo staff and volunteers will be wearing masks at all times.
The Calgary Zoo is entirely accessible – if you need to rent a wheelchair or powerchair – please contact Guest Relations at 403-232-9300 at least 24 hours beforehand.
We will not be accepting cash on premises.
Special Experiences like these are crucial to our financial success. If you enjoy the Calgary Zoo's Festive Brunch, please share your experiences on social media using #followusatthezoo; referrals are warmly welcomed!
Important Health and Safety Information
You are not to enter the Calgary Zoo if:
You are ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID -19. These include:
Shortness of breath
And/or others listed on Alberta Health Services website
You have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19.
You or someone in your household has traveled internationally in the past 14 days.
You will be asked to follow all Alberta Health Services Guidelines on Calgary Zoo grounds:
Practice physical distancing: keep 3 meters between your household and others.
Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds.
Face coverings are strongly recommended everywhere at the zoo, but mandatory for everyone 2 years and older inside all of our buildings, in accordance with City of Calgary Bylaw 26M2020. Be sure to bring yours with you when you visit, and put them on and remove them safely. Expect to require one to enter: Penguin Plunge, Cequel Energy Lodge, Savannah building, Rainforest building, ENMAX Conservatory, Kitamba (except while enjoying food and beverages at our indoor tables!), Gift Shop locations, indoor washrooms and Lost & Found services. A limited supply will be available at our North Gift Shop while quantities last!