Wild Canada Photo Contest
Show us your Wild Canada
On December 1, 2023, we unveiled Wild Canada – a celebration of Canadian wildlife and wild places that takes visitors on a journey through seven of Canada’s most iconic landscapes and highlights the importance of a world where people, animals, and the land are all connected. We want to celebrate Wild Canada by seeing the wild through your eyes – and your camera lens!
From Wednesday, January 31st until Sunday, March 24th, 2024, share your best photos of our beloved Wild Canada residents – from caribou and moose to our new resident polar bears – for a chance to be featured across our social media channels (the “Contest”). Since this contest is meant to celebrate Wild Canada, photos must have been taken from December 1, 2023, or onward.
Starting on Wednesday, February 7th (and every Wednesday thereafter during the Contest period), we will select one winning image and share that photo on our website and social media channels with photo credit to the photographer. And that’s not all, each individual whose photo is chosen will be entered into a draw to win two tickets to our highly anticipated event Wild After Hours: Polar Bear Dinner (18+).
How to Enter
- Submit your photo of any of our Wild Canada residents through this link. You can do this either from a desktop computer or your phone.
- Your submission must include: your full name, your email address, the date the photo was taken, and any additional information you wish to share with us.
- Note: When you upload files to the above link, you may notice that the upload link appears empty immediately after the upload is complete. This is intentional. Immediately upon upload, the uploaded files are automatically moved to a private folder for security and organization purposes. To confirm that your file has been successfully uploaded, look for a grey notification bar at the top of the screen that says ‘File Uploaded Successfully’.
By submitting photos to us, you confirm that you have read and agreed to the Wild Canada Photo Contest Rules and Terms & Conditions as outlined below.
The contest starts on Wednesday, January 31st, 2024. The first winning photo will be selected and shared here on our website and our social media channels on Wednesday, February 7th (and subsequent Wednesdays thereafter). The final day to submit is Sunday, March 24th, 2024.
Look for our #WildCanadaWednesday posts. Good luck and have fun!
Canadian Wildlife Experiences Photo Contest Rules
By submitting photos to us, you agree to the following rules (the “Rules”):
- The Contest runs from January 31stto March 24th, 2024 (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest is open to everyone.
- Must be 18+ or have parental consent to enter.
- Photos must be taken on Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo grounds and must be of animals who currently reside in Wild Canada.
- Photos must have been taken from December 1st, 2023 and onward.
- Photos of zoo animals that are not current Wild Canada residents, or photos taken prior to December 1st, 2023, are excluded from consideration.
- Photos must not contain a logo or watermark.
- We accept photos in digital format only; photos must be a JPG or PNG file.
- For our purposes, portrait images work better than landscape.
- You may submit multiple entries, but you can only win once. All winning photos will be entered into the grand prize draw.
- Photos submitted will be considered throughout the entire Contest Period, not just during the week they are submitted.
- Photos must be submitted via the upload link. Photos submitted via other means will not be reviewed or entered into the Contest. If your photo is selected as a winning image, we will contact you via the email address you used for your submission.
- Starting on Wednesday, February 7th (and every Wednesday thereafter during the Contest Period), we will select a winning photo and share that photo on our social media channels with photo credit to the photographer. Each individual whose photo is chosen will be entered into a draw to win two tickets to our highly anticipated event Wild After Hours: Polar Bear Dinner (18+). Winners who are under the age of 18 will be given an alternate prize.
Please note that the contest is open to the public (visitors and members) only. Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo staff and volunteers are not eligible to participate.
Terms & Conditions
By submitting photos to the Contest, you agree to the following terms (the “Terms & Conditions”):
- You acknowledge that the photo is your original work.
- Photos must not contain a logo or watermark. If the winning photo contains either, we retain the right to cover or crop it out.
- Individuals who submit photos to the Contest grant the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo the right to use their photos for the purpose of marketing the Contest or other Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo programs and for subsequent display on CalgaryZoo.com and/or social media channels without further contact or compensation from the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo.
- We retain the right, at our discretion, to modify the Terms and Conditions. Your continued submission of photos constitutes your acceptance of all modified Terms and Conditions.
What makes a winning photo? Here are some tips:
- Take the photo from a safe distance.
- Submit photos only of animals that live in the Wild Canada zone.
- Make sure that the photo is clear and in focus.
- Do not include watermarks or logos in your photo.
Looking for the perfect photo opportunity?
FOCUSED, presented by The Camera Store, gives photographers of all skill levels (ages 16+), exclusive access to Wild Canada to capture stunning photographs of iconic Canadian wildlife.
Your ticket includes zoo admission, giving you the ability to explore the rest of the zoo grounds after your exclusive access.