Important Health & Safety Update
Effective November 15, 2021, the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo will require all visitors 12 years of age and older to provide proof of one of the following before being permitted entry:
- Alberta government-issued QR code (paper or digital) proving COVID-19 double vaccination (with the second dose received two (2) weeks or more prior to date of attendance);
- Valid identification that matches the vaccine record is required for adults 18 years and over.
- First Nation, out-of-province and Canadian Armed Forces vaccine records are accepted proofs of vaccination, as is the ArriveCan app and valid international travel identity document.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test, taken within the previous 72 hours prior to entrance (either PCR or Rapid Test); or
- Valid proof of medical exemption.
Those who are unable to show proof of one of the items listed above will be denied entry. This applies to all visitors aged 12 years and older.
A friendly reminder that mask wear is required for ages 2+ inside all animal buildings, washrooms, retail and food spaces.
Early Grounds Closure - November 19, 2021 - January 2, 2022
New this year, we will be closing the zoo between day admission and ZOOLIGHTS.
From November 19, 2021 - January 2, 2022, the following is in effect:
- The last Daily Admission entry to the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo will be at 2:30 p.m.
- The last Member entry will be at 3:00 p.m.
- Our Security teams will clear zoo grounds at 4:30 p.m.
All day admission visitors, including Members, will be asked to depart the zoo grounds at this time while our teams prepare for the festive night ahead. Our gates will reopen nightly at 5:00 p.m. when ZOOLIGHTS begins.
We look forward to warmly welcoming visitors, young and young at heart, to experience the 25th anniversary of Calgary’s favourite holiday tradition – ZOOLIGHTS, presented by Olympia Trust Company.
Temporary Closure Notifications
We appreciate your patience as we make the zoo the best it can be for the animals we love and care for!
A friendly reminder that ZOOLIGHTS. presented by Olympia Trust Company, is closed the the public on the following dates:
- November 28: Private event
- November 30: Private event
- December 3: Private event
- December 25: the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo is closed
Visit our ZOOLIGHTS page for more information.
In addition, the following dates are 'special event' evenings and require a separate admission ticket*:
- November 23: Adults Only Night (18+)
- December 31: Zoo Year's Eve (Family-friendly)
See More Notifications
*Please note that regular ZOOLIGHTS admission tickets, zoo passes or complimentary tickets will not be accepted for admission to ZOOLIGHTS on November 23 and December 31. Visit our ZOOLIGHTS: Special Nights page for more information.