Follow the Rules
The Calgary Zoo is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for everyone – staff, volunteers, visitors and our animals. We ask that you respect the zoo rules and policies so that everyone can have a good time. Please also review our policies on unaccompanied youth and photo/video image use.
- Keep to public pathways and respect our safety fences.
- Avoid knocking on glass windows or throwing things at animals to get their attention, it frightens them.
- Our animals and wandering birds have already eaten, thanks. Please don’t feed them.
- Walk, rather than run… take your time to enjoy everything!
- Spare change? Donate to our conservation wishing wells instead of throwing coins in our ponds, pools or fish tanks. Coins can be very harmful to our animals and birds.
- Let our flowers flourish in the gardens and leave them for all to enjoy.
- Keep noise levels respectable, act safely and have a good time. Please remain fully clothed (ex. shirt, bottoms and footwear), and please no profanity as this is a family-friendly space.
- The Calgary Zoo is a smoke-free environment. Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is only allowed in designated areas.
- Keep the following items at home: Fidget spinners, balls, Frisbees, balloons, bicycles, tricycles, rollerblades/skates, heelies, skateboards, drugs and alcohol, hackeysacks, scooters and any noisemakers or musical instruments.
- Any device that can propel itself independent from the accompanying adult is not permitted. This prevents accidents involving the child using the device, other guests, and the animals on grounds.
- Tricycles that allow a parent to steer, yet still have pedals (a.k.a. The Smart Trike) are not permitted at the zoo because they could be operated independently from an accompanying adult.
- Pets of any kind are not allowed at the zoo for the safety of our animals and yours. Please do NOT leave pets unattended in your vehicle in warm weather. Leave them at home or with a proper caregiver.
All children under the age of twelve must be accompanied by a responsible adult while visiting the Calgary Zoo – there are no exceptions.
Photo/Video Image Use Policy
During your visit you may be filmed, videotaped or photographed. Your admission to the zoo serves as permission for use of your image by the Calgary Zoo. The commercial use of photographs, video and film you take during your visit is strictly prohibited without full written consent of an authorized representative for the Calgary Zoo.