Important Update: ZOOLIGHTS, presented by Olympia Trust Company, has been cancelled tonight & tomorrow night (Dec 26-27) due to the extreme cold & wind chill forecasted for the next two days. Thank you for understanding.
All ticket holders with pre-purchased tickets for Dec 26 & 27 will automatically be moved to Jan 8, 2022. ZOOLIGHTS will hopefully resume on December 28, 2021, weather dependent.
**The zoo remains open for daytime visits. We open daily at 9am and last entry for day admission is 2:30pm**
Gift Shop Closure - Jan 3-7, 2022
Please note that the North Gift Shop and Penguin Café will be closed to the public starting on January 3rd for 2-3 days for our annual inventory count. Once the North Gift Shop inventory is complete, the Bamboo-tique will then be closed for 1 day to complete its inventory. All retail inventory will be complete by no later than January 7, 2022. Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for your understanding.
Important Health & Safety Update
Effective November 15, 2021, the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo will require all visitors 12 years of age and older to provide proof of one of the following before being permitted entry:
- Alberta government-issued QR code (paper or digital) proving COVID-19 double vaccination (with the second dose received two (2) weeks or more prior to date of attendance);
- Valid identification that matches the vaccine record is required for adults 18 years and over.
- First Nation, out-of-province and Canadian Armed Forces vaccine records are accepted proofs of vaccination, as is the ArriveCan app and valid international travel identity document.
- Proof of a privately-paid negative rapid test result taken within 72 hours of service; or
- Valid proof of medical exemption.
Those who are unable to show proof of one of the items listed above will be denied entry. This applies to all visitors aged 12 years and older.
A friendly reminder that mask wear is required for ages 2+ inside all animal buildings, washrooms, retail and food spaces.
Early Grounds Closure - November 19, 2021 - January 2, 2022
New this year, we will be closing the zoo between day admission and ZOOLIGHTS.
From November 19, 2021 - January 2, 2022, the following is in effect:
- The last Daily Admission entry to the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo will be at 2:30 p.m.
- The last Member entry will be at 3:00 p.m.
- Our Security teams will clear zoo grounds at 4:30 p.m.
All day admission visitors, including Members, will be asked to depart the zoo grounds at this time while our teams prepare for the festive night ahead. Our gates will reopen nightly at 5:00 p.m. when ZOOLIGHTS begins.
We look forward to warmly welcoming visitors, young and young at heart, to experience the 25th anniversary of Calgary’s favourite holiday tradition – ZOOLIGHTS, presented by Olympia Trust Company.
A friendly reminder that the following date(s) are 'special event' evenings and require a separate admission ticket*:
- December 31: Zoo Year's Eve (Family-friendly)
- December 31: Zoo Year's Eve (Late Night 18+)
*Please note that regular ZOOLIGHTS admission tickets, zoo passes or complimentary tickets will not be accepted for admission to ZOOLIGHTS on November 23 and December 31. Visit our ZOOLIGHTS: Special Nights page for more information.