Calgary, AB – To align with Stage 3 of the provincial reopening plan, the Calgary Zoo announced the normalization of its daily operations earlier today, effective July 1, 2021.
“We look forward to warmly welcoming our visitors and members for a wild summer at the Calgary Zoo,” said Alison Archambault, Director of Brand & Engagement. “From animated dinosaurs to baby animals and the reopening of Gateway to Asia (formerly known as ‘Panda Passage’) with new species and some friendly faces in July, every visit to the zoo this summer will be memorable and different.”
The Wild Summer Experience
- Visitors can purchase day admission tickets online or in-person at the North Entrance.
- Calgary Zoo will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
- Calgary Zoo Members can arrive at the zoo and show their membership cards for immediate entry.
- Access to the zoo is only available through the North Entrance. The West Entrance remains closed.
- The one-way flow will be discontinued, with the exception of the African Savannah loop.
- Certain animal habitats will continue to have adjusted viewing in place to keep all the animals safe (i.e. Western lowland gorillas, Japanese macaques, African lions, Amur tigers, and lemurs).
- Washrooms and Nursing Rooms are open.
- Food & beverage (including Kitamba Café, Dairy Bar, Penguin Café, Camel Canteen – formerly Tusk & Grill and Safari Snacks – formerly Tribal Treats) are open, and both indoor and outdoor picnic seating is available.
- Grazers restaurant will be open from Friday – Sunday for both patio and dine-in service.
- Most retail gift shops are open.
- All playgrounds are open.
- Dinosaurs: Awakened exhibit is open in Prehistoric Park.
- Wagon and mobility support items (wheelchairs) are available for rent at North Gift Shop.
- Gorilla amphitheatre is open (weather dependent).
- The Land of Lemurs walkthrough and the Rainforest building outdoor loop will remain closed in 2021.
- Debit and credit are preferred methods of payment. Cash is accepted.
- Security, First Aid and Lost & Found is open.
The following are unavailable until further notice as we continue to support a safe experience for all:
- Water fountains.
Health & Safety Information
- Visitors must wear masks indoors (buildings, indoor animal habitats, restaurants, washrooms, and retail gift shops).
- Physical distancing is everyone’s responsibility!
- 30 -
For more information contact:
Director, Brand & Engagement
403.232.7766 | 403.919.9482 | [email protected]
The Calgary Zoo is a globally recognized conservation organization that guides, innovates, and applies scientific solutions to restore some of the world’s most endangered species. Locally and globally we take action in the wild every day to yield powerful benefits for nature and for people. Our over 1,000 employees and volunteers are passionate about inspiring people to take action to sustain wildlife and wild places, welcoming over 1.3 million guests annually. As visitors discover the rare and endangered species that we love and care for at our facilities, they are directly contributing through admission and on-grounds sales to a not-for-profit charitable conservation organization that works to fight extinction of plants and animals worldwide.