Calgary, AB - As the temperature continues to climb, events at the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo are heating up! With something for everyone, from egg-cellent brunches to wine-derful cork popping for a cause, there’s always plenty to do at the zoo.
August 12: Corks for Conservation*
Adult only (18+)
There won’t be any ‘wine-ing’ about this event! The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo has teamed up with local vendors for an evening full of wine tasting, food pairings, classical music, conservation education and more. It’s perfect for a girls’ night out, or a romantic date night!
This event will celebrate wines (both Canadian and International) and will span the entire zoo grounds. There’re two ticket options:
- Regular Ticket – includes admission to the zoo, wine tastings, chef-attended food stations and fun activities.
- VIP Ticket – includes all of the above plus access to the VIP area, proudly sponsored by Richmond Hill Wines, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. where you’ll find elevated small bites, premium tastings and live music. VIP ticket holders will also have exclusive access to the Land of Lemurs outdoor walkthrough and the opportunity to hear from a Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo Animal Care Technician. A friendly reminder that masks are required while visiting the Land of Lemurs outdoor walkthrough.
August 23: Focused*
Calling all shutterbugs! Photographers of all skill levels will gain exclusive access to zoo island to capture stunning evening photography of iconic wildlife – from lions to tigers and everything in between. Best of all – no crowds!
- Day admission is included with Focused tickets, starting at 1:00 p.m.
- Last entry for Focused ticket holders is at 7:00 p.m.
- This event takes place primarily outdoors.
August 27: Show Your Pride Drag Bruch*
Show your pride at the zoo’s first-ever Drag Brunch! Dress to impress and prepare to be wowed by this zoo-nique experience. Savor colourful breakfast food from the zoo’s award-winning culinary team while taking in prideful décor with something to sip on from the mimosa bar. And with a Drag Show from the amazing talent at HireHeelsYYC, this event will surely be unforgettable! Tickets on sale soon.
September 10: Locked Zoo: Living Large*
Adults only (18+)
Are you ready to save the larger-than-life species and the ecysystems they live in from extinction? Locked Zoo is back with a brand-new game! Locked Zoo: Living Large is a two-hour, zoo-wide game that challenges you to explore the zoo after hours, solve an elaborate series of puzzles and learn about wildlife conservation. Delicious dinner boxes are available for pre-order and adult beverages are available for purchase onsite! Tickets on sale soon.
September 17: ZooLaLa*
Adults only (18+)
Get excited – the first ever ZooLaLa is coming! This party with a purpose is a luxurious adult-only night out, celebrating and supporting the critical conservation work being done by the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo each day.
The zoo’s familiar landscape will be transformed by the sounds of live music and the scents of delicious cuisine. Expect your favorite dinner-by-the-bite samples, creative cocktails and live entertainment while wandering through the zoo. This event will also host an online auction beginning in August and closing during the ZooLaLa event, raising funds to support the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo’s Whooping Crane Recovery Program. This vital work is proudly sponsored by ConocoPhillips Canada.
- The attire for this evening out is “zoo chic”. We encourage you to wear fun, animal-inspired, creative business casual or even black-tie attire.
Now until November 13: Safari Sunday Brunch*
Brunch lovers rejoice! Join us on park each Sunday for a unique Calgary brunch experience. Held in the heart of Destination Africa, guests can enjoy both gourmet and comfort breakfast foods. Dive into a free-flowing chocolate fountain with fresh fruit, eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon, a Belgian waffle bar and much, much more!*These are separately ticketed events.
- First seating from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Second seating from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Third seating from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (please note this seating is not available on all dates; if available it will show in the drop down menu when choosing your time).
No two visits at the zoo are the same. If you’re looking for some daytime adventure, be sure to check out the ‘What’s On This Week’ schedule before you plan your next visit. Head to calgaryzoo.com to purchase tickets.