Calgary, AB – There's always a feeling of excitement as the weather warms and the days get longer. Spring is definitely in the air at the zoo! If you’re looking for some sp’egg’tacular things to do this month, look no further than the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo! With the return of its popular Easter Eggstravaganza and Easter Brunch events, the zoo will be blooming with fun!
April 15 – 18 – Easter Eggstravaganza
It’s time to get egg-cited because Easter Eggstravaganza is back with lots of family-friendly activities to keep curious minds engaged and entertained! Plus you get to enjoy seeing your favourite animals while supporting an important cause - wildlife conservation! The fun will be spread over four days this year so choose the date that works best for you and hop your way over to the zoo!
Daily Activities include:
- The Great Hatch Hunt – grab your cell phone and join the virtual egg hunt. Just look for the giant egg signs around the zoo and use your phone to scan the QR code to play along. There's even prizes to be won!
- Egg-cellent Touchtables – while you’re out exploring the zoo grounds, be sure to stop by the touchtables where zoo volunteers will be talking about all thing’s eggs in the animal kingdom!
- Zoo Egg Photo Ops – be sure to hop over to one of the fun photo ops and show off your best ‘hatching face’ as you hatch from an egg! There’s four in total so try to visit them all.
- Treat Stations - those 12 and under can visit the treat stations for a free treat. What a sweet way to celebrate!
- Game Zone – bunny hop on over to the West Lawn to enjoy some lawn games that are sure to be fun for the whole family!
- Surprise & Delights – be on the lookout for species receiving colourful enrichment across the zoo as the zoo’s Animal Care, Health, & Welfare team treats the animals to some egg-cellent Easter themed enrichment.
All activities taking place for Easter Eggstravaganza are included with Day Admission or Memberships.
April 16 & 17 - Easter Brunch
Hippity hop over to the zoo and let their award-winning culinary team prepare an Easter-themed brunch for you and your loved ones to enjoy! There will be Easter décor, a speciality menu, and fun Easter crafts for the kids. Don't forget, the zoo's regular Safari Sunday Brunch takes place every Sunday through to November 13, 2022. With both gourmet and comfort breakfast foods, including a free-flowing chocolate fountain with fresh fruit, eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon, a Belgian waffle bar, and cooked to order omelettes - what’s not to love?
Both experiences require attendees to be aware that as of March 1, 2022, indoor masking is only required for visitors (ages 3+) while inside the Rainforest building to help keep the zoo’s gorilla troop safe. Thank you for your understanding.
For more information or to purchase tickets visit www.calgaryzoo.com.
- 30 -
For more information contact |
Director, Brand & Engagement
Phone: 403.232.7766 | 403.919.9482 | [email protected]