Calgary, AB – Things are heating up outside and so are events at the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo! With the return of Zoo Brew, the re-opening of Grazers restaurant and more, there’s lots to experience with friends and family this month.
June 3: Grazers is open!
Calgary’s wildest dining experience is returning as Grazers opens its doors for family-friendly dining all summer long. With locally sourced ingredients and a fully licensed bar, Grazers is open Friday to Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (service ends at 4:30 p.m.).
Dining is on a first-come-first-served basis so come down and snag a seat for a meal with friends and family in the heart of the zoo! Check out the 2022 Menu here.
- Starting on June 3, 2022, Grazers will be open on weekends only (Friday-Sunday) from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Service ends at 4:30 p.m.).
- As of June 29, 2022, Grazers will be open daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Service ends at 4:30 p.m.).
June 4: Zoo Brew*
Adults only (18+)
The adults-only, twilight event promises a peaceful evening of great beer, food and entertainment. Best of all – no waiting in line for drink tickets! Included in the price of a Zoo Brew entry ticket is admission to the zoo, along with unlimited access to samples of varying sizes from 30+ local brewers and five food stations. Wander the zoo with a drink in hand and visit some of your favourite animals – all while supporting the zoo’s critical conservation work – it’s a win-win!
- New this year, the zoo is offering guests a VIP experience. VIP ticket holders have exclusive access to the VIP tent, proudly sponsored by the Annex Ale Project, from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Inside the tent, you'll find elevated appetizers, beer pairings and live music. VIP ticket holders will also have special access to Gateway to Asia. Guests can venture into the building for the chance to catch a glimpse of the Malayan tapir, Komodo dragons and white-handed gibbons!
June 17: Family-Nite*
Don’t miss out on this safe, family-friendly evening experience at the zoo! Starting in the Canadian Wilds and continuing throughout Zoo Island, experience special talks, activities, performances and themed dinner boxes for all ages. Bring your family to meet our family!
- Pre-order your special Family–Nite buffet BBQ tickets as there will be limited food available for purchase onsite during the evening.
June 19: Father’s Day Brunch*
Bring the family together at Safari lodge to treat your dad to a Father's Day brunch he will love! The zoo is serving up a chef-created menu of delicious sweet and savory brunch favourites that are sure to make dad feel wildly special. The Father's Day themed brunch includes special décor, a specialty menu and desserts and fun crafts for the kids to make dad something special! Tickets on sale now.
- Don't forget, the zoo's regular Safari Sunday Brunch takes place every Sunday through to November 13, 2022. With both gourmet and comfort breakfast foods, including a free-flowing chocolate fountain with fresh fruit, eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon, a Belgian waffle bar, and cooked to order omelettes - what’s not to love?
June 23: Brew Master Dinner with the Annex Ales Project*
Adults only (18+)
Enjoy a four-course beer pairing dinner prepared by the zoo’s award-winning culinary team and hosted by zoo sponsor and event partner, Annex Ales. The evening will conclude with a presentation by the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo's Conservation & Science team to share tales of the critical conservation breeding and reintroduction program for the Vancouver Island Marmots that inspired this new “brew”.
- The ticket price includes zoo admission (after 3 p.m.), dinner, beer pairings and presentations.
- A cash bar will be available.
- All guests will be seated at tables for 6.
June 25: Gorilla Breakfast*
There’s a new reason to wake up early starting on Saturdays this summer! Starting on Saturday, June 25th, and running through to Saturday, August 27th, you can enjoy breakfast and an exclusive visit with the zoo’s gorilla troop before the zoo opens. Bring your whole troop for pancakes, a gorilla interpretive presentation and a ‘who’s who’ of the troop! The best time to have a baby gorilla sighting is in the a.m. but you will have to wake the family up early to enjoy it.
- Tickets include admission to the zoo, a full hot pancake breakfast, gorilla interpretive talk and exclusive access to the Rainforest building for an early morning view of the troop before the zoo opens from 8:45 – 9:15 a.m.
- Reminder that masks are required (3+) for visitors entering the rainforest building, to help keep the zoo’s gorilla troop safe.
While mask mandates have been removed for the rest of the zoo, all visitors (3+) must wear a mask inside the African Rainforest building to help keep the zoo’s gorilla troop safe.
We are proactively taking steps to protect our birds, and other susceptible species, from avian influenza which has been confirmed in Alberta. If you have contact with live chickens, geese, ducks or turkeys, please shower/bathe and change your shoes and clothes before visiting the zoo.
*These are separately ticketed events. Learn more and purchase tickets here.