The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo respects the privacy of its members, donors, patrons, volunteers, employees and those who attend our educational programs or enter our contests and promotions. As a not for profit organization we rely on the generosity and support of our many members, pass holders and patrons and hold great value in the trust that is placed with us by the sharing of personal information. We would like to clarify why we may ask for certain personal information such as name, address, phone number, email, etc.
If you are a gate pass holder or member we collect personal information from you in order to set up a membership account. This information allows us to:
- Administer our membership program including communication of renewal notices, newsletters, surveys, additional updates, special announcements, and provision of relevant information to the Calgary Parking Authority where necessary in order to allow members to park on our parking lots at no additional charge, where applicable
- Understand and analyze members responses, needs and expectations
- To develop and enhance our membership program in response to those needs and expectations
If you are a donor to the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo we collect personal information from you in order to:
- Process your donation and tax receipt
- Recognize your contribution to the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo
- Communicate with you about ongoing fund raising initiatives
If you attend an educational program with the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo we collect personal information from you in order to:
- Process your purchase of the applicable program
- Communicate with you to provide confirmation of your purchase
- Communicate with you concerning other educational program opportunities
If you attend a Special Event or use our Catering Services, we collect personal information from you in order to:
- Process your purchase for the Event or Service
- Design and execute your event
If you enter a contest or promotion with the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo we collect personal information from you in order to:
- Process your entry and administer the contest
- Communicate with you as to the results of the contest
If you are a volunteer with the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo we collect personal information from you in order to:
- Process your volunteer application
- Maintain an ongoing relationship
- Distribute our volunteer newsletter
- Communicate with you about Zoo volunteer opportunities
If you are an employee of the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo we collect personal information from you in order to:
- Manage payroll and benefits programs
- Make employment decisions with regard to assignments, compensation and training
- Evaluate job performance
- Meet legal, security or regulatory requirements.
If you use our websites, or our on-line Store (collectively our “Site” or “Sites”), we also collect certain information about your device, your interaction with the Site, and information necessary to process any purchases. We may also collect additional information if you contact us for customer support, or to request information. See the list below for more information about what personal information we collect in relation to the website and the Store and why.
- Examples of personal information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Sites accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Sites usage to optimize our Sites.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Sites using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number).
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
Customer support/request information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, phone number, email address and information pertaining to your feedback/request.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo also uses “cookies” when a visitor accesses our Sites. We do collect, on a continuous and automatic basis, generic and non-personal information that allows us to track web page traffic patterns.
Sharing Personal Information
The information you provide to us is for the exclusive use of the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo and will not be sold, lent or bartered to anyone without your prior consent. As a supporter of the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo we may contact you to offer you opportunities to attend special or education events; to contribute time, talent or funds for Zoo initiatives; or send you information on value-added offers that we feel may be of interest to you. You will always have the option of not providing certain personal information and/or not to receive communication from us.
We do share your personal information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo
1300 Zoo Road NE
Tel (403) 232-9300