1 November 2023 (Calgary, AB) – The countdown to Calgary’s favourite holiday tradition is officially underway as we gear up for the 27th spectacular edition of ZOOLIGHTS, presented by Olympia Trust Company. This year, for seven weeks of festive cheer, the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo invites visitors to embark on a captivating journey through a whimsical winter wonderland under a dazzling blanket of twinkling lights.
- November 17, 2023, to January 7, 2024*
- Nightly from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
“This year’s enchanting experience will be embellished with countless aurora-inspired colours complimenting four new themed zones that celebrate conservation and pay homage to the majestic biodiversity of our nation’s north,” said Alison Archambault, Director of Brand & Engagement. “ZOOLIGHTS is a hallmark of the holiday season in Calgary, providing the perfect immersive backdrop for visitors of all ages to create cherished memories that will last a lifetime.”
What’s new this year:
- Polar Nights in Prehistoric Park – Journey through the first seasons of the life of a polar bear cub alongside its mother, underneath the simulated veil of the Northern Lights.
- Photos Amongst the Flowers – Winter is no match for the colours of the Dorothy Harvie Gardens where a magical bouquet of lights delivers two unique backdrops for festive photos.
- All About Ice and Snow – Visitors to the ENMAX Conservatory will roam the arctic twilight while surrounded by cool creatures, snow-covered trees, and more. A sparkly sleigh provides the perfect setting for impromptu photos with friends and family while a menagerie of arctic animals adorning an array of trees is sure to inspire holiday cheer.
- Boreal Forest Trek – Let green sparkles guide the way through the Canadian forest alongside representations of some of our nation’s most iconic animals.
- Festive Feasts (optional, Friday through Sunday beginning December 1) – Visitors can take a break from the cold to fill their bellies and warm their toes with a holiday buffet in Kitamba Café.**
Sunlight to ZOOLIGHTS
For those looking to visit their favourite zoo animals during the day and take in ZOOLIGHTS at night, the all-new Sunlight to ZOOLIGHTS delivers the best of both worlds! This combo ticket grants access to the zoo during the afternoon AND to ZOOLIGHTS that same evening with a single discounted ticket. It’s an exciting and cost-effective way to enjoy multiple experiences in a single day. Combo tickets must be purchased online prior to entry.
|Regular ZOOLIGHTS admission pricing
||Sunlight to ZOOLIGHTS pricing
|General (16+): $21.95
||General (16-59): $45.95
|Child (3-15): $14.95
||Senior (60+): $43.95
|Under 3: free
||Child (3-15): $31.95
||Under 3: free
ZOOLIGHTS special events:
- Snow Globes – November 17 to January 7 (family-friendly) ***
- Disappear into a private oasis tucked into the wintery garden landscapes of the zoo surrounded by twinkling lights. Each package includes admission to ZOOLIGHTS along with the rental of a Snow Globe and a food and beverage selection.
- Beary Merry Holiday Party – December 14 and 15 (18+)***
- Designed for small groups, this all-in-one holiday party is the perfect way for small business teams, clients, groups of friends, or family to toast the season. Experience live music and dancing, or head outside for an evening stroll amongst the ZOOLIGHTS. It’s a hassle-free holiday party to remember.
- ZOOLIGHTS Zoo Year’s Eve – December 31 (family-friendly)***
- Families with youngsters or those looking to turn in before the clock strikes 12 can celebrate early! Explore ZOOLIGHTS with additional special activities, including numerous countdowns, to help ring in the new year.
- ZOOLIGHTS Zoo Year’s Eve Late Night – December 31 (18+)***
- This adult-only rendition keeps the lights on until midnight to celebrate the arrival of 2024! Revel in a light show and indulge in late-night food and drinks before cheering on the countdown.
- Sunday Safari Brunch – Every Sunday until November 12 (family-friendly)***
- There are under two weeks left for brunch lovers to enjoy an egg-cellent brunch experience in the heart of the zoo. Guests will relish in both gourmet and comfort breakfast foods, including a free-flowing chocolate fountain with fresh fruit, eggs Benedict with Canadian bacon, a Belgian waffle bar, cooked-to-order omelettes and much, much more. Visit calgaryzoo.com/events/sunday-safari-brunch for more information.
Tickets for ZOOLIGHTS are on sale now! Tickets for the special events will become available in the coming weeks. Head to calgaryzoo.com/zoolights to learn more and purchase tickets.
**ZOOLIGHTS admission can be purchased together with tickets to our holiday buffet online or at the gates, and separately by visiting Kitamba Café.
***Separately ticketed events. ZOOLIGHTS admission tickets, zoo passes and complimentary tickets will not be accepted for admission.
– 30 –
For more information contact:
Director, Brand & Engagement
(403) 232-7766 | (403) 919-9482 | MediaRelations@CalgaryZoo.com