Temporary Closure Notifications:
- Rainforest Aviary: the Rainforest Aviary (located inside the African Rainforest Building) is closed for maintenance and will reopen on November 30, 2022. You can still access the rest of the African Rainforest building during this time to visit with some of your favourite species including western lowland gorillas, eastern black-and-white colobus monkeys, mandrills, and more!
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
A friendly reminder that the following dates are excluded from regular ZOOLIGHTS admission:
- November 29: Private event (ZOOLIGHTS is closed to the public)
- December 1: Private event (ZOOLIGHTS is closed to the public)
- December 25: the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo is closed
- December 31: Zoo Year's Eve (Family-friendly) presented by Orange Frog - this evening requires a separate admission ticket*
- December 31: Zoo Year's Eve Late Night (18+) presented by Orange Frog - this evening requires a separate admission ticket*
*Please note that regular ZOOLIGHTS admission tickets, zoo passes or complimentary tickets will not be accepted for admission on these nights. Visit our ZOOLIGHTS page for all the details.
Changes in the Canadian Wilds
To create some exciting new habitats and spaces in the Canadian Wilds, we are undergoing a massive construction project which will temporarily shift pathways and move some animals offsite until the construction is completed. Muskox, wood bison, bighorn sheep, woodland caribou, whooping crane, North American river otter, Rocky Mountain goat, and the residents of the Jihad Shibley Rocky Mountain Aviary are currently not viewable. Learn more and view the current Canadian Wilds map here. We’re working hard to minimize impacts while continuing to provide the best possible experience for both our visitors and the animals we love and care for. Thank you for your understanding.
See More Notifications