Terms & Conditions
- The use of a Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo membership constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo membership program.
- All memberships issued by the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo are non-refundable and non-transferable and are for the exclusive use of the person to whom it is issued, except for Flex memberships, which are transferable but can only be used when accompanied by a named member.
- A Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo membership card must be presented at the gate to gain entry to the Zoo.
- The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo has the right to revoke zoo memberships if the holder abuses access, is unruly or disrespectful of zoo rules or does not abide by the terms and conditions of zoo memberships.
- The prices, benefits, membership program offerings, and terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo will provide notice of any material changes to the provisions of these Terms & Conditions that relate to auto-renewal of memberships (see below), as well as any changes in the pricing of the membership program (or level thereof) applicable to you before those changes are implemented.
- Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo membership cards do not have photos. Members may be asked to show identification at the gate when presenting their membership card. Children without photo identification may be asked to produce their provincial healthcare card. Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo reserves the right to request government-issued identification (driver’s license and/or provincial healthcare card for children) and to refuse entry if not produced upon request.
- An administrative charge of $5.25 will apply to replace lost or stolen membership cards.
- Guests may upgrade to a membership by applying one adult day admission to one adult membership or one child day admission to one child membership. Guests have seven days from the purchase date of the day admission to apply it towards a membership.
- Guests can visit in person or call Guest Relations at (403) 232-9300 to upgrade a day admission ticket towards a membership.
- Memberships are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- Occasionally, we will have to close the zoo early for special functions, including ZOOLIGHTS, presented by Olympia Trust Company. We advertise these to members in the following ways to avoid disappointment: member newsletters, social media, and on the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo website.
- Lifetime Membership rules (not currently available for purchase):
- A lifetime membership only pertains to the person named on the membership. All lifetime memberships are non-transferable.
- For the person who holds a family lifetime membership, the membership only applies to your children if they are under the age of 21.
- Lifetime members maintain the same member benefits as the Wild Adventurer level and are allowed four guests with entry.
- Please note: the four guests must visit a Guest Relations window to have complimentary tickets printed to scan for entry.
- As of October 2, 2023, Wild Journey membership tiers and Wild Access Pass cannot be mixed under one membership account. All memberships under one account must fall within the same membership tier. Members who previously had multiple tiers on the same account must update memberships to fall within the same tier at the time of renewal.
- Valid Wild Explorers and Wild Adventurers members over the age of 18 have the right to vote at the Calgary Zoological Society Annual General Meeting. Members under the age of 18 do not have the right to vote.
- Seniors receive 10% off Wild Access Pass and individual memberships only.
- Seniors’ discount does not apply to Dual, Dual Flex, or Wild Pack membership packages, as these bundles have unique or discounted pricing.
- Members using the Seniors discount may be asked to present identification.
Wild Journey Dual Membership Rules
- Dual memberships must be purchased, upgraded, or renewed at the same time and at the same level.
- Dual memberships are only valid for Wild Explorers and Wild Adventurers.
- When a Dual membership is purchased, members will be provided with two adult named membership cards that are non-transferable.
Wild Journey Dual Membership Flex Rules
- The flex pass may only be purchased with an adult named membership at the same level.
- Each adult will only be able to add one flex pass to their membership.
- Dual Flex memberships must be purchased, upgraded, or renewed at the same time and at the same level.
- When a Dual Flex membership is purchased, members will be provided with two cards: an adult membership card in their name, and a Flex membership card that is transferable to anyone they would like to bring to the zoo.
- Those who use the flex pass must be accompanied by someone on the adult membership file that it is connected to. Guests can be different on each visit and can be adults or children.
Wild Journey Wild Pack Rules
- All people in a Wild Pack must purchase, renew, or upgrade at the same time and at the same level.
- When a Wild Pack is purchased, the group will be given four cards: two named adult membership cards or one named adult and one flex pass and two named child cards.
- Those who use the flex pass must be accompanied by someone from the Wild Pack that it is connected to, including child members.
- Flex pass guests can be different on each visit and can be adults or children.
Member Parking Rules
- If you pay for parking the day you purchase a membership, your parking payment will not be refunded for that day. Parking on your next visits will be complimentary provided you have registered your plates with Calgary Parking Authority
- The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo members are solely responsible to register the license plates of their vehicles using the Calgary Parking Authority’s online registration system following the guidelines and limitations set out. Complimentary parking with membership is valid only if the membership is current. Click here to find out how to register.
- Although two plates can be registered per membership ID number using Calgary Parking Authority’s ParkPlus online system, only one plate/vehicle can be utilized at a time per membership – you cannot park two vehicles in the zoo parking lots using one membership number.
- Child memberships do not receive parking benefits.
- A valid Wild Explorer and Wild Adventurer membership allows parking in the main parking lot (North Lot) and the West Lot from 8:45 am until one hour after zoo operations close.
- If you opt-in to auto-renewal, you authorize membership fees to be billed automatically to the credit card you designate via the online membership portal (debit cards are not accepted), and you understand and agree that we will continue to automatically process your membership fee annually thereafter on or around your membership expiry date, at the then-current membership fee, unless and until you cancel as provided for herein.
- You also agree to provide a valid credit card and accurate, complete and updated information as required in the online membership portal. By submitting your credit card information as the form of payment, you represent and warrant that your use of that credit card is authorized and that all information that you submit is true and accurate (including, without limitation, credit card number and expiration date).
- In doing so, you also authorize charges to your credit card for all amounts payable by you based on the membership(s) you selected and the prevailing prices and membership program at the time of renewal, including, but not limited to, all fees and any applicable taxes. Failure to comply may result in the immediate suspension or termination of your membership. Following any such suspension or termination, the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo may require you to provide an additional credit or other means of payment before reinstating or renewing your membership, and may bill you simultaneously for both past due amounts and current fees.
- All updates to credit card information must be completed via your online membership portal.
- You may elect to discontinue your auto-renewal opt-in via your online membership portal. Your election will be deemed to have been received one business day after you make the election to discontinue your auto-renewal opt in. Your election to discontinue will take effect at the end of the current membership period, when your membership will no longer auto-renew. You will not receive a refund for any membership period’s fees already paid.
- Payment will be taken up to 10 days prior to your membership expiration date.