Plan your visit
See their faces glow.
Light up your winter with the magic of ZOOLIGHTS. This incredible glow-tastic event encourages you to wander around and enjoy activities both indoors and out. Find Santa in Wonderland with the Mad Hatter. Everything that’s magical has come together in one place for ZOOLIGHTS!
If you’re planning to visit on a Thursday evening you’ll want to visit the Mad Hatter in the ENMAX Conservatory’s butterfly garden. See what else you can find happening in the ENMAX Conservatory Wonderland.
Fridays and Saturdays:
We have a DJ at the skating rink on Friday and Saturday nights and you can bring your own skates or borrow a pair from us, courtesy of KidSport Calgary. Don’t worry if Friday and Saturday nights are busy for you; there’s skating every night of ZOOLIGHTS.
Saturdays and Sundays:
Relax while someone else reads you a story. Story time is an indoor activity in the ENMAX Conservatory.
Did you think that ZOOLIGHTS was just a bunch of twinkling bulbs? It’s so much more fun than that and you’re going to want to have a strategy to fit in all the great activities. Of course, we highly recommend splitting it into multiple visits if you can. Check out our full list of activities here and find out what you want to do first. Make an evenign out of it! Guests can find a wide variety of treats, snacks, and beverages at Kitmaba Cafe, Kitamba Java, Tusk and Grill, and Sugar Shack are all open until 9 p.m.
Tips for a glowingly easy trip to ZOOLIGHTS:
• Invite your friends to go together for an extra special experience. This is a great activity for out-of-town guests. If you’re hoping for the romantic glow, plan your date night during the week or on a colder night to avoid the biggest crowds.
• Buy your tickets online so you can skip the line.
• Get the ParkPlus app that lets you pay for your parking on your phone.
Please note that zoo day admission tickets may not be used for ZOOLIGHTS admission. Thank you for understanding.
We’ve put the glow on five holiday traditions you already love!
1. Christmas lights – Enjoy 1.5 million Christmas lights displayed throughout the zoo, including over 200 light figurines and a variety of interactive and choreographed light displays.
2. Playing in the snow – At ZOOLIGHTS guests can play in the snow in one of our great activity spaces, with our Build a Buddy Snowman and more!
3. Ice skating – Enjoy our lovely skating rink presented by the Calgary Hitmen, set under a canopy of lights, with FREE skate rentals for all ages, from KidSport Calgary. Want to bring your own skates? Rent a wagon to carry all the extra things.
4. Sitting by the fire sipping hot chocolate – Warm up at our six big fire pits spread throughout the zoo. Volunteers will be delighted to engage you in stories of what’s new at the zoo or holiday classics. Hot chocolate is readily available between your fire pit stops.
Remember to bring your ZOOLIGHTS mug or pick one up when you get here because refills are discounted at all concessions locations for reusable mugs and bottles. Plus, Kitamba, Java, Tusk and Grill and Sugar Shack are all open with other snack and beverage options until 9 p.m.
5. Visit with Santa – Bring your smart phone for a FREE photo with Santa. Visit him in the ENMAX Conservatory until December 23.
Like a warm winter hug.
There’s so much to take in during our ZOOLIGHTS celebration—you’ll be so busy making memories with family and friends that you’ll forget about the cold. ZOOLIGHTS is the ideal place to bring visiting relatives, make a memorable night with your family or take that special someone on a date. Come get your glow on.